If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Another routing option

Post by Instigater
Now we have 2 route options: shortest and fastest.

There are no doubts how shortest is calculated.

Fastest route is somehow tricky as I have noticed. It is truly fastest intracity routing. A quite regulary drive routes more than 100km. This makes difference. Routing server tries to avoid driving through cities. This is completly wrong and I most of the time ignore directions to take highway. Driving through cities is faster always even in congestion time. I know it is a lot harder but it's worth that. Some have noticed that this routing preference change ocurs roughly on 10km route. I can presume that this is done to preserve routing server resources as there are a lot more road segments per distance in cities than countryside.

I read soon Waze infrastrucure will be capable of dealing with additional work. My suggestion is to rename route "fastest" to "easy" and make new one "fastest" routing option that routes through cities even for longer drives.

What do you think about this?
Instigater

POSTER_ID:1327807

Send a message
Community Coordinator: Latvia
LV community: Operācija "Meži" - saraujam!
Other communities: Take the challenge! Go green! Improve map of your country and show us the progress!

Post by CBenson
One issue, as I understand waze routing, is that streets are not considered for routing in the middle of long routes. Thus, if nothing is marked as a highway through the city, you won't get routing through the city.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by dknight212
If you provide a permalink to these areas then someone here can check it out for you.

David, using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Hi, I've had a quick look at the map and I can't see much wrong with the map. It is possible that someone has already corrected some turns but that has yet to feed into the mobile client/live map or that one of the segments has a high time penalty for some reason or Waze thought there some was traffic there at the time. When I try to generate the route on the online map it seems to work ok. Have I misunderstood your problem?
dknight212
Send a message

Post by p_no
I've noticed that fastest routing within the cities is far from optimal. Shortest routes isn't good enough also, so I have to ignore prompts and drive as I know it would be better.
I've even calculated times from road properties - client fastest vs my fastest, and guess what ... I've won.
I don't know if latest problems with routing server have any influence on that, but routes within the city limits are just crazy - like today - I had to simply turn right from highway and take next 500 m to destination point, the navigation have proposed me to take each of three ramining ramps and make some kind of loops ... from my point view - irrational
If there is a logic ... then I can't find any ...
p_no
Send a message

Post by p_no
most common for me:
http://world.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=9&l ... &to_seg=-1
that's how the route should be,
client suggestion: go right to Księcie Witolda, then turn left to Władydława Jagiełły and then turn right to Mieszczańska
p_no
Send a message