If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by robin1979
TonyG-UK wrote:Cool, so I can drive around all corners at 150mph and it won't cause an accident - thanks for that information.
Go ahead, Darwin will like it. And even in this case, it's not the speeding aspect, it's the inability to handle a car properly.
TonyG-UK wrote:Please let me know where you get your statistics from about Germany being the safest country, cause it isn't http://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp6/pub ... s2011.html
Well, Netherlands and Sweden score better in this report.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
gettingthere wrote:
Atlas85 wrote:Mercedes and Volvo are really not the top brands in terms of sales in Germany, as they are quite expensive. I just think that European and Asian cars in general perform better in crashes (and handling, and fuel efficiency). Also, the weight of those cars give you a much better chance of survival.
And more cars are diesel which provide great torque for quick passing.
Another misconception 8-). Torque does help you overpass, only power does (which, in an internal combustion engine, is a product of the torque and revolutions). Torque at the wheels is about the same between diesel and gasoline cars btw, thanks to wonderful things called transmissions.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
In Europe we have quite some dynamic speedlimits that adjust to the traffic density (ex. Germany) or weather type (ex. France).
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by Spil
davipt wrote:
gettingthere wrote:
davipt wrote:But then, before this feature, I want my "avoid tolls". This is the one that pisses me the most. or a client menu where I can say "I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO THIS FREEWAY PLEASE".
Yes, agree. The feature is very necessary and affects routing!

Reinforces what I have been saying. There are other features that affect the core functionality that need to be addressed prior to features that are 'nice to have'. And 'nice to have' should not over-burden the editors to keep it maintained.

In San Diego, very few toll roads so it's bearable. But in other parts of the United States, many more toll roads, toll bridges, etc.
Yes. I want the "avoid tolls" feature way before the "speed limit per road segment". please
Well, why not implement both at the same time? That way, we would only have to go back to those segments once (to set as toll and set the speed limit) instead of having to edit them twice. ;)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by TonyG-UK
robin1979 wrote:
fstyle wrote:It can motivate users to respect speed limits -> less accidents.
European studies have shown speed is never the primary reason for accidents, and in very few cases a secondary reason. The country with the highest or even no speedlimits (Germany) is the safest to drive in. Don't be brainwashed by governments who see speeding tickets as a nice source of secondary income 8-) .
Cool, so I can drive around all corners at 150mph and it won't cause an accident - thanks for that information.

Please let me know where you get your statistics from about Germany being the safest country, cause it isn't http://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp6/pub ... s2011.html
TonyG-UK
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK

Post by unwallflower
goingnova wrote:
bgodette wrote:
fstyle wrote:Wouldn't be bad, except for one major problem, the map doesn't know anything about speed limits, only averages over each segment.
My Garmin Nuvi posts speed limits on the current road I am on, so I am sure it is possible to implement.
Right, it's possible. Your Garmin has all of that data already in it. If we wanted Waze to implement speed limits, it's likely that we would have to add the speed limit manually for every single segment of road.

And then what happens when the speed limit of a particular segment is changed?
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
CBenson wrote:
unwallflower wrote:And then what happens when the speed limit of a particular segment is changed?
A wazer passing the road crew putting up the new sign enters an update request and the speed is changed by the crack area manager before the police have a change to park in the shade of the new sign. Isn't this how the world works?
Sounds like a Waze utopia to me.

Unfortunately it would be more likely that the user passing by would submit a blank "general error" update request, and then wouldn't respond to the AM's "I have no idea what the heck the problem is" email.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by Wrangler4Me
Comparing deaths in Germany to the United States is like comparing shark attacks in California to North Dakota. Didderent kind of roads, different congestion levels, different kinds of cars, different laws. I have never been on the roads in Germany, but I cannot imagine going 150 with deer jumping out of the ditches and semi trucks weaving in and out like they do in the US. I know there are more Benz and Volvos over there, which are far safer than the Huyndais and kias here.
Wrangler4Me
Send a message