If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

New report function needed

Post by pojsson
To be able to easy and fast report black ice on the road or any other type of slippery road surface quickly on Waze
pojsson

POSTER_ID:1445151

Send a message

Post by Atlas85
I say, with all due respect, that this is an issue for a small part of the worldwide community in only a few months of the year and that there are much bigger issues to worry about at the moment. I'd rather see Waze spent their time and effort on adding road types such as toll roads and ferrys, and regular updates of the maps instead of "niche" reports.
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by cobra
I'd suggest entering a hazard as soon as you see black ice. Even without a comment. Then you can always add a comment to it the next time you stop at a traffic light.
cobra
Send a message

Post by ginflyer
For the Wazers in the northern region, black ice is pretty common during the dark months. It kills (well, indirect at least) a lot of people every year.

A separate warning for this would probably save some lives each year and therefor be a prioritized matter. Since it hit big areas that trigger for the warning should be much further away than today's Rain or Snow, perhaps 5-10 km, maybe further.

I would really appreciate if this was added to the wish list.

What do other people say?
ginflyer
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Would a "Hazard" be sufficient for this, with an appropriate note?
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries