If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Limit Reports to those On Route

Post by pierre722
I'm starting to get annoyed with seeing all the different traffic and hazard reports that are nearby but not on my route. I really don't care about the reports that aren't on my route and would really like the option to limit reports to only those that are on my route! Right now I can only limit it to within 5 miles and I'm really starting to find that information extraneous, to the point that I actually started exploring other nav apps - as much as I love using Waze.
pierre722

POSTER_ID:2865576

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
There are a few recent threads about this already and at least a couple different requests on the client uservoice (link in my sig) you can add your vote to.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Buffyken
First I thought it worked liked this, after 2 trips i discoved it didn't
I always put it in navigate mode now, because waze doesn't know any alternative routes for the route that I take daily to my work, so I'm trying to "learn" him, at this moment no succes, he's constantly re-routing in every directions (sometimes the route make no sense at all, luckily I've onboard GPS aswell, so I don't really use him as navigation but more for the traffic info)

So i'm wondering, does it make a difference in points if you just drive of navigate?
Buffyken
Send a message
Area manager: Nederzwalm - Herzele - Halle - Londerzele (4 uithoeken van mijn area) Belgium
Waze 3.0.1.1 on Android 2.3.3

Post by gettingthere
Waze should consider two modes. By default, it should work like this. Maybe a few more options in the settings if the user wants to override these.

* When on a route, only show the reports that are relevant to that route - no range limitation.
* When not in navigation mode, show all reports withing the range that is selected in the settings.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by goingnova
I like the reports because I don't always enter route information. A lot of times I just turn on Waze while I am driving, and listen for traffic in the area I am driving.
goingnova
Send a message
AWESOME for NY Traffic! Thank you Waze!

Post by WeeeZer14
Buffyken wrote: So i'm wondering, does it make a difference in points if you just drive or navigate?
No, it does not make a difference. Just running Waze will give you the same points and help improve the map data.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator