If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Adding traffic / distant report bar to right of waze

Post by minhgi
my primary navigation software is Waze and I also use Copilot also.

One feature that I like from Copilot is the distant and traffic report bar on the right hand side of the software. It explain the distant to go and the distance of traffics in color code. The bar is update in real time and provide an overview of distance and traffic reports in nice long strip. The vertical bar only takes up a small amount of revenue space.

By giving a total overview of the trip and seeing real time unseen traffics ahead, I can alter my route early or stay on course, predicting that traffic will clear, during driving.

PLease implement this feature in future Waze version.

Thanks

minhgi
minhgi

POSTER_ID:20281

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The idea is that Waze does this automatically. But I think this idea might be in the client uservoice requests already. See the link in my sig and do a search or add your own.

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by gettingthere
minhgi wrote:One feature that I like from Copilot is the distant and traffic report bar on the right hand side of the software. It explain the distant to go and the distance of traffics in color code. The bar is update in real time and provide an overview of distance and traffic reports in nice long strip. The vertical bar only takes up a small amount of revenue space.

By giving a total overview of the trip and seeing real time unseen traffics ahead, I can alter my route early or stay on course, predicting that traffic will clear, during driving.
I like this feature also. TomTom also has it. Not sure if the idea is under patent or if Waze can rip it off.

It is easier to understand where the traffic is with this navigation bar than scrolling the map or looking at the report screen, filtered by on route.

Basically it's a vertical bar that shows on the navigation screen all of the time vs. the horizontal bar that Waze implemented in Waze 3 that only shows after setting a route or on the alternative routes screen.

I would love to see this feature also. It could show all events - passive traffic and user reports. With each item clickable to get more details.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by minhgi
Totally agree that we should have the always on "navigation bar". As you mention, touching could also provide extra function.

My ideal of the extra function is to bring up an overview 2d report of the complete route, include traffic reports, wazers, and current / destination detail. Waze already have that function built in but not use properly. Google navigation have that feature when pressing the traffic report button. It would be nice also to have the alternative routes button too, similar to Google Navigation.
minhgi
Send a message