If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Canned Responses / Templates for Updates

Post by ramirezh
Hi guys, new waze user here in Florida, really digging it so far. Trying to spread the word so Miami shows up in the drop down on the home page :mrgreen:

I have an idea for the reporting. Currently we aren't allowed to type when driving, I get this, that's cool. I'd like to suggest the option of creating a small selection of canned messages we can select from when reporting. For example, this morning, there was a speed trap where there normally isn't one. I reported it, but I wanted to give additional details (to mention it was laser), I couldn't type, so I didn't.

If there was a button on that report screen with some canned templates, I think that would be useful.
ramirezh

POSTER_ID:87446

Send a message

Post by MarkOnTheRoads
ramirezh wrote:Soooo....about those canned responses 8-)
Yes, I would like to see this go further as well. This morning I saw some guys painting lines on the other side of the freeway and it would have been nice to update something extra when I reported it as a hazard.
MarkOnTheRoads
Send a message
Nexus 5X
Murfreesboro, TN

Post by PeterG
ramirezh wrote:Currently we aren't allowed to type when driving, I get this, that's cool.
I don't think it's cool that I can't type when being driven and sitting in the back of my car... not only drivers can waze :evil:

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
If the reason is to avoid liability problems, then why does it allow us to type for direction searching? That has the same issue with possible distraction.

The solution if it is a liability concern, is to do what other GPS products do, which is a disclaimer on start. "You will not use this product while driving" :D
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by ramirezh
Soooo....about those canned responses 8-)
ramirezh
Send a message

Post by sketch
I second this. "Laser", "Ka-band radar", "K-band radar", "Hidden", "Multiple cars", and more would be nice!
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Honestly? We have the option to override the typing block for passengers, so if someone's gonna type whilst driving, he's gonna do it. Might as well remove the blocks, I think.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!