If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Expand bluetooth headset functionality

Post by applesnapple
I was thinking about this on the way to work...

(oh and if this is already possible or has been discussed, please inform me and delete this suggestion! :))

If I see a cop, I would like to be able to say "COP!" and it make the mark on the map.
Furthermore, say "RAIN!" and the rain marker will appear on the road.
Same with construction, hazard, pave, chit-chat, etc.

Most bluetooth headsets have an "action" button, so I think *action button* .. Mark COP here!..
Hope this makes since. :geek:
applesnapple

POSTER_ID:4676407

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The only type of event you can currently report is a traffic jam. So right now, there is no way to do this. However, the current beta functionality is the start. This will be expanded in the future, surely to include all manner of reports so that we can function as close to 100% hands-free with waze as possible.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by applesnapple
Excellent news! I am excited to see where Waze goes from here. It has taken the place of my standalone TomTom unit and all other nav apps (both paid and free).

Well done!
applesnapple
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
Limited voice command functionality is currently being tested in the iPhone Beta. Here are the details on what is currently being tested in the iPhone Beta, from Perlin's post announcing the changes in the Beta:

"== ASR – automatic speech recognition ==

Moving the hand across the screen will initiate voice command.
- Currently available for US and Canada only (English).
- Will work for: 'Report event', 'Navigate', 'shut down' or 'stop navigation'. For navigation - At this point only to Home and Work (will not recognize addresses).
- Voice commands will recognize natural phrases containing the relevant content and will ask for completion in case you missed information.
- Activate ASR by moving your hands in front of the screen or tapping the screen with 3 fingers."
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico