If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Outside temperature...

Post by iamjimpa
I think a sweet feature would be to add a box that displays the current outside temperature - perhaps just above the current speed.

I bought a new car this year that does not have the outside temperature on the rearview mirror I was so accustomed to on my previous car.

Would love to see this on Waze.
iamjimpa

POSTER_ID:5120659

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Do you have a data source available for Waze to use which is global? Or at least one per country?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Sounds reasonable. Any data source, though will only be accurate for a fairly specific location. I know that the websites are often close to the actual temperature, but I've often left home after hearing that it is a certain temperature and get in my car and drive off to find that there is ice on the road because it's actually 5-12 degrees (F) colder than what is being reported for my area.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dmcconachie
I've never found weather apps to be anything better than vaguely correct. Not really sure what purpose it would serve either!? I mean you can see the weather!
If it's weather at your destination then it's a bit late by the time you're in your car!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
iamjimpa wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:I've never found weather apps to be anything better than vaguely correct. Not really sure what purpose it would serve either!? I mean you can see the weather!
If it's weather at your destination then it's a bit late by the time you're in your car!
I'd be interested in the current outside temperature only. Even if it wasn't exact to the degree.
Why?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by iamjimpa
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Do you have a data source available for Waze to use which is global? Or at least one per country?
Not sure on that one, but I know Apple uses Yahoo Weather for the built-in weather app in iOS.
iamjimpa
Send a message

Post by iamjimpa
dmcconachie wrote:I've never found weather apps to be anything better than vaguely correct. Not really sure what purpose it would serve either!? I mean you can see the weather!
I'd be interested in the current outside temperature only. Even if it wasn't exact to the degree.
iamjimpa
Send a message

Post by iamjimpa
dmcconachie wrote:
iamjimpa wrote:
Why?
I live in a region with wildly changing temperatures, 30-40 degree increase before noon some days, and knowing the outside temperature on a long road trip is helpful.
iamjimpa
Send a message

Post by irowiki
Some apps, like Weatherbug, will display the local temp in the notify bar.
irowiki
Send a message

Post by slicer
I think accuweather.com is covering a lot of country, and have free api (not sure).
slicer
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Ghost
Android User