If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

suggestion: trip report

Post by sejtam
It woudl be nice if waze could have an option to automatically send messages (email, SMS, whatsapp, other) about amy position, speed, etc regularly. This would allow family members to watch where I am (esp on long trips etc) w/o me having to remember to call back etc.

If it could (optionally) attach the trip log (where i was, speeds, etc) every time in a .kml format or so that would also be nice.

Further, (taking a cue from DailyRoads) it would be nice if waze could send alerts in case of
- very sudden stops or acceleration
- very loud noises, shouts etc

of course for each of those there should be a popup screen to allow one to cancel sending that within say 2 minutes. Someting like:

- <condition> detected. ARe you ok. Will send report
in 1:59m
[ Send now] [ all is well, don't send] [ all is well, send ]

The email should contain location, date/time, last trip data, possibly a picture
taken right then, etc, ie in short anything that could help identify location and cause
of the accident.

Also useful inthat case would be having a 'trip profile' indicating
- start and destination (to be added before/during the trip)
- driver and passenger info (name, nationality, blooodgroup) etc

so that that could be forwarded to emergency helpers to be prepared accordingly.

It would also be good if waze has a database of regional emergency numbers/email addresses
to report such data to (again: optional)
sejtam

POSTER_ID:1235067

Send a message