If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Combined Feature Request's

Post by maxjivi05
From what I see and what I read what we want in the future Waze Versions.

Color Coding...
This means Waze has this feature now
This means we are still wishing for it

1.) Tracking

----Ability to track exactly where your kids/spouse is and where they are headed.
----Route them home with a msg "Dinner is ready".
----Small html code to embed in Myspace/Facebook to show friends where you are when they are online.

2.) Parental Control
----Route kids/spouse home and send them a msg "Dinner is ready".
----Setup addresses/places they shouldn't be and get sent alerts via e-mail/sms if they go there.

3.) Friend List
----Ability to see where your friends are and how fast they are going.
----Ability to suggest a meeting point and agree on going there.

4.) Voices
----More voices to pick from instead of the guy voice all the time maybe switch it up with a girl voice. (I know this is possible but would like to be able to download the different voices and be able to copy over which ones to use, or have a selection of who you want to be in it before you install the ipa)
----Support for more languages. (same as above)

5.) Talk "Support"
----Take it another step ahead and make it so you can record a small mp3 file along with a picture with whats going on.
----Allow users to turn on "Chat" and talk to each other like on Ventrilo "Within your area" or which ever community they decide.
(No need to text to distracting)

6.) More Display Info
----Allow us to have more information displayed about us when people in our community click on us like "AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, ect..."
----Allow us to setup the type of car we are driving in case we drive by one another and want to look for them, maybe in profile set the color, make, and model of your vehicle.
----Allow us to take a picture of our car and when someone clicks on us in the client it'll show up so they can see who we are on the road!

----Give us the speed of waze users we click on.
----Give us a more detailed report on waze users speed instead of under 10 over 40mph.

7.) Messaging/Poke
----Adding sound for when you receive a ping from someone.
----Adding a poke feature if you see a friend nearby.
----Allow us to send PM's through Waze client to user's on here if they are public, kind of like saying Hey I seen you today!
----Maybe instead of calling it "Poke" maybe call it "Honk" and have the Waze Client Honk at us like a little horn "beep" to say hey I seen you. ( But I would make sure you can only poke / honk someone within so far that way they physically seen you to poke / honk you )

8.) Reporting
----More Info on reporting errors just by going through the menu, in case you are driving and can't type.
----Being able to move the report about 20 yards or so in case you was just passing by
( happened to me a few times where I couldn't report or didn't because it would only show up on the road I was on and not the one it was on. )
----When a user reports a police officer, or a hazard allow other waze users as they pass to click on the report and say "if the police officer or hazard is still there".

9.) Speed Limits
----Give us warnings when exceeding the speed limit.
----Add the option to enter what the speed limit is on roads in Cartouche.
----Add report wrong speed limit in the waze client.
----Tell us how far away till the speed limit changes, or if it is unknown.

10.) Area Managers
----Ability to mark an area in Cartouche and have it show up on the client and drive out to that area to fix a problem or to insure there is nothing wrong with that area. ( This would help so much )
----Adding a inbox / outbox from the forums to the client, that way when the area managers can't figure out what needs fixed then they can send a message to the user "in case they don't check the forums" and find out what was wrong and allow them to reply!
----Given our area's our own sub area under community then the state/area to communicate with the user's in our area and work/talk out problems with the maps and whatever else they need help with. *More involved*

11.) Recording
----Be able to record the route you drive and have the permalink automatically put in the Tweeter/Facebook status. (I know its possible manual but would be nice automatic)

12.) Waze "Chat"
----Not really a feature but would be nice, a Waze "Ventrilo" Server so we can talk to each other instead of waiting for someone to post on the forums 24/7 we can login and see whos online and just talk to people while we edit maps! :)

13.) Offline Logging
----Being able to take the Waze Client with a phone, or a ipod with no connection to the internet and log information to it then come back to a Wifi connection and upload the data would be awesome.

14.) Map Editing
----Some of us would like the ability to edit maps on the go instead of waiting for a computer, be able to use the client to edit the maps maybe a edit mode :)

15.) Invalid Traffic Reporting
----Be able to hit a "pause" or "off road" button so when we stop for gas and pull over we don't trigger a false traffic report. ( This is a huge problem from what I have noticed )

16.) Refresh Rate
----The ability to setup how often to refresh traffic info, and other waze users on your client. ( This would be a very nifty feature )

Continue to add what you all want in future versions! :D Or agree/disagree with certain features. :D
maxjivi05

POSTER_ID:104042

Send a message
Last edited by maxjivi05 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 23 times in total.
_______Master-at-Arms U.S. Navy_______
Second Business: iPhone Repair & Services
Waze: 1.5.9.2
iPhone: Jailbroken 3GS v3.1.2 177MB
Vehicles: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Hyundai Accent
Area Manager: (Greenup County, KY| Scioto County, OH| Cabell County, WV)

Post by bscharff
Being the San Antonio AM (and have less than 5 Wazers driving with the client on at any given time), I think it would be helpful to have a quick button that would only show up for us AMs.
For example it could give us options to...
*Mark the current area for review (customizable radius [50 feet to 1 mile] or manually draw polygon) and have it show up with a special icon to only you. (This could be given to all users if only that one user and their respective AM could see it) We would have to be able to type a note with it!!!
*Force redraw button. Sometimes, the client doesn't update the on-screen map correctly and it shows the road being cut-off or messed up or something when it is actually fine (verified with cartouche).
*Set speed limit for current road and send for review to cartouche to add it to other nodes of that same road.

At least AMs should be able to set the speed limit for a road in cartouche... It currently takes the last user's average speed. Who knows if they were speeding or going slow?

Last thing: WE NEED MASS EDIT NI CARTOUCHE!!! I'd like to not have to drive every road twice (once each way) nor hold down CTRL in cartouche. I think there should be a toolbar thing in cartouche with a pointer, and panning hand, a road mover (distinctly different icon from panner or the results could be disastrous!), and a pointer that selects all roads (or objects of the same type) under its selection rectangle and allows us to change specific things about them (speed limit [see above], directions [two way, etc.], and all the other stuff).
bscharff
Send a message
---
Dallas/Fort Worth Area Manager

Post by Buckwylds
Hi,

I would like to point out:

When I pass a location where a Police Trap was reported, it asks if that trap is still there. This fulfills the reporting item under section 8. However, I am not sure if this works for a hazard. It should also be noted that this post hasn't been updated (edited) since January 7th and if the original poster is no longer updating, I will be willing to pick this up with his permission and combine suggestions into one thread. However, this is the best start at the moment (even if it may only be his thoughts).

- Me
:-)
Buckwylds
Send a message

Post by maxjivi05
It would just be nice to have, is all I was saying. Yeah I would love to be able to watch my wife drive home, see bit by bit / how fast she is going and watch her avoid traffic... Would be kind of cool...

It would have to be well planned to implement it, something with Linking Accounts, or if they do the friend thing, add friend as daughter, son, spouse and have them approve it on their account when its a kid under 18 the parent should be allowed to view them whenever they want if they are using the client. (AT&T already has parental controls but why pay for it if they are using Waze)...

Knock two new features out with one stone, Friends + Parental Controls... Its basically the same just with one saying they don't want to be tracked and the other no being able to hide unless Waze is closed. :D
maxjivi05
Send a message

Post by maxjivi05
For the Voice's you can take the Waze Client.ipa and change "ipa" to "zip" then extract it go to sounds and see all the names of the sounds and what they say / do. That way you know what you need to record and send to the Waze team :)
maxjivi05
Send a message

Post by maxjivi05
You could always re-encode those files to make the bitrate slower so the file ends up being almost the same size :D
maxjivi05
Send a message

Post by maxjivi05
Going to go ahead and bump due to the added feature requests.

Questions? Comments? about some of the features listed?

Personally I think all of those features would help a lot in the Waze Community.

Happy Wazing!!!
maxjivi05
Send a message

Post by maxjivi05
Added another 3 features I've seen people request in other threads, including the invalid traffic reporting.. :D

Keep them coming, and keep on Wazing!
maxjivi05
Send a message

Post by mhanley
I agree with the suggestion of being able to replace the navigation voice. With the recent announcement of TomTom's Star Wars voice packs, it has me drooling for something similar for Waze. Even cooler would be a utility which would let you record your own audio segments for the navigation prompts.

Perhaps these could be done with in-app purchases. I would gladly pay to download additional voice packs (especially the Darth Vader voice)! :-)
Thanks,
Mark
mhanley
Send a message

Post by mideg
On question of defaults, please keep anonymous as default and maybe even invisible on map. I'd like very much to see every wazer around my location and be able to identify him/her, but I think it should be every wazers very own decision to broadcast his position. This should be Opt-In, not Opt-Out.
mideg
Send a message
Area Manager in Bonn, NRW and Wiehl, NRW
HTC Desire mit Android 2.1