If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Heck, I have no idea how to get started. Help ain't helping.

Post by LeeFooYoung
It tells me this:

Open the Waze app on your phone or tablet.
Tap Menu , then Navigate . ...
Type in the address, place, business or point of interest you're searching for. ...
Search results sort by distance and/or relevance.
---------

All I get is Home, Work, Favorites, Calendar Events, Facebook Events??

I am assuming that the Menu is gotten to by tapping the little car icon? The only other thing that works is the settings button.

All I wanted to do is see if there are any tie ups going from Harrisburg, Pa to Philadelphia. I thought this app would do it for me. I saw a feature on it on my local TV station.

This thing is less intuitive than an Access database. :(
LeeFooYoung

POSTER_ID:17159182

Send a message

Post by CBenson
Don't you get a bar above Home, Work, Favorites, Calendar Events and Facebook Events, where you can type in whatever destination you want?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by LeeFooYoung
I see the bar, yes.

The help says: Tap Menu, then (tap) Navigate.
Problem: I have no Navigate button so that I can enter a destination.

So I am to type my destination in the bar? There's no Navigate button that I am to select? Why doesn't the help specify that? The way it is worded is extremely misleading. They should change that.

"Tap Menu and then enter your destination in the Search bar" would leave no chance of misinterpretation.

But, be that as it may, it turns out that this appears to be (I am assuming) for IPhones with GPS. I downloaded it on my IPad and while it maps a route out, it basically says that it can't do much without a GPS feature. I don't have an IPhone.

Oh well.

Thank you for your help.
LeeFooYoung
Send a message

Post by vince1612
TV stations use a different version. The Android/iPhone apps work differently.

If you just want to see a map with current traffic conditions, you can use the livemap.
https://www.waze.com/livemap

But don't look for a navigate button there, you can use it by searching for a location or clicking on the map with your computer mouse to set a start and finish point so that it can show you routing suggestions.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png