If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Improved access via website

Post by pcfesallen
Hi Guys
I stumbled over this little app and I am very pleased I have.

I have a couple of suggestions, one easy, one not so easy!

1. Allow a registered users to set "Home"/ common routes/ destinations etc, so when we come to make the trip these options are available

2. Allow for a suggested reroute. Many times I can see the delay, but do not know where I am to take an alternative route to my destination.

3. - I know I said two :-) could the size of the vehicle be taken in to account when a route is being planned? Large Heavy vehicles need to avoid certain areas.... may have missed the point with this one :-)

Keep up the good work
Steve
pcfesallen

POSTER_ID:4876096

Send a message

Post by gettingthere
1 and 2 are available now.

1. You can set any location you want as Home. You can set other locations as favorites.

2. After you set a route you can get alternative routes by clicking on the Routes button on the route summary screen. If on a route, you can click on the menu button, and then Routes to get alternative routes. Beware that once you check alternative Routes your current route is lost and you will need to select either the original or another route on the alternative routes screen.

No known plans for #3. There are other navigation application available that are targeted at commercial truck drivers such as Copilot Truck. Likely others.

Also keep in mind that Waze is targeted at commuters with focus on traffic avoidance. Waze will always route the fastest or shortest (depending on the setting in your client, fastest is the default) route.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico