If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by zeo_hound
its a bug then? I often go thru jams and waze does not update further road segments. It only changes to red the segment which i reported.
zeo_hound
Send a message

Post by zeo_hound
Maybe its really associated to the speed waze has set in cartouche. Is there a way to set those speeds to actual road speed limits? Maybe waze is not showing slow roads because the real road speed is low and since its low and the traffic is slow, to waze, there is no jam.
zeo_hound
Send a message

Post by zeo_hound
Thats a problem then. We should be able to set the max speed of the road. With jams, people driving so slow and lot of data that corresponds to wrong road speed, that average will never go up.
zeo_hound
Send a message

Post by zeo_hound
They could implement something to use both data: Max and average. Its not hard to do.
zeo_hound
Send a message

Post by zeo_hound
The hardest one we already have that its the average aquired by the client. Adding a Max speed in database is simple since it will be done by the editor and is just another data field that you will add to waze road registers. I dont know how is waze algorithm but instead of comparing just with the average, using existing methods "and" maxspeed shouldnt be difficult.
zeo_hound
Send a message

Post by zeo_hound
Well, I just hope they fix this problem: The jam is long and waze only change the road to red usually only when I report a jam. Wazers go thru the roads that speed limit is 70km/h and waze has it with 30km/h in average. When in a jam, wazers go thru 30km/h and waze thinks its without jam.
I hope it wont work that way, or if so that they fix it.

Waze often makes routes with strange cuts via small service roads. This may also happen because of this. The primary road has the speed average lower than of the service road and waze sometimes makes crazy routes.
zeo_hound
Send a message

Post by zeo_hound
R4CLucky14 wrote: You may not like it, but it works. Waze knows that road is 30km/h, and it's calculating as such.

Any of the proposed suggestions will not help solve this problem. The only other way (in my mind) is to have hourly averages compared to the global average (displayed in Livemap / Cartouche). This would be the only way to have something similar to WYSIWYG. But it would still require implementation. Luckily, though, the (already existing) data would update itself and be somewhat correct.

Waze makes cuts because it's probably quicker at that time of day. If the main road is clogged, obviously the side roads would be quicker if there not.
Well, I disagree.
How can it works since the average of the road is 30Km/h while the normal road speed during times other than rush hours is 70Km/h? As I said, waze sometimes does stupid routes when its not necessary. Today, at late night, it made me go thru a desert road that had "speed reductors" and a longer path, just because it had a speed average higher than a shorter primary road. And I still say: Waze misses coloring red road jams just because of this average.
zeo_hound
Send a message

Post by zeo_hound
R4CLucky14 wrote:
If it's not accounting for this difference, visible via the ETA, then please tell me. But as I understand it, you just don't see a red jam on it. To Waze, that 30Km/h at Rush Hour is normal traffic.

Like I said, the only quick and viable way to show these red jams would be to make the coloring of jams be dependent on <current speed>/<global average speed>. Right now, it uses <current speed>/<time of day average speed>.
The Way Waze works now, it's like the same as not having it. If I do not get information about speed or size of a jam in rush hour, is actually the same as not having waze. If you think about it, waze is only giving you an eta. I'm not seeing which way is faster so we have to trust waze that it is doing us the best route. But since it does some stupid routes, I can't fully trust it. And i know my town better than it. That's was the idea of the topic: if waze show us the road colors all the time it would give us a better feel about the route. If the speed average in rush time is 30kmh why not plot red in map ?
zeo_hound
Send a message

Post by zeo_hound
In some specific days on rush hours, roads that usually have jams sometimes have not. I think its bad when you look at the screen, see nothing and then BAM: A traffic jam. I really dont know if its just me, but...

At least the green road idea seems to be good.
zeo_hound
Send a message