If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Stop Wifi from loading

Post by keepitmovin
Every time i turn the app on i have to cancel out of the nearby Wifi list. Can this be made an option to turn off?
keepitmovin

POSTER_ID:2910036

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze has no control over your phone's wifi settings. Sounds like you need to check your OS-based settings. I get no prompt for anything wifi when running Waze.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
keepitmovin wrote:weird. is your wifi on or off when you use waze? mine is on. However, this is the only app that requests to connect to wifi. i use plenty of other apps that use internet and i don't get prompted.
I'm using an iPhone with wifi on. Set Ask to Join Networks to off in Settings.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by jasonh300
If you have the Ask To Join Networks option turned ON, it'll pop up the annoying little window any time you try to access the internet while a wireless network is in range. Doesn't matter what internet app you're running. It seems to happen more often when Waze is running because Waze is constantly connected to the internet. Once you hit Cancel, it won't come back until the next time you put the phone to sleep.

Those of us who don't have unlimited data plans usually keep that option turned on to connect to wireless networks at home and at work to keep the data usage down. I've learned to just hit cancel when it pops up. No big deal.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by keepitmovin
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Waze has no control over your phone's wifi settings. Sounds like you need to check your OS-based settings. I get no prompt for anything wifi when running Waze.
weird. is your wifi on or off when you use waze? mine is on. However, this is the only app that requests to connect to wifi. i use plenty of other apps that use internet and i don't get prompted.
keepitmovin
Send a message