If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Mobile speed cameras

Post by Razer_73
Can we have an option to add mobile speed cameras to the map please that show differently from the fixed ones.

The ability to add known locations where mobile cameras are located would be very useful. a different symbol would also be a nice feature.
Razer_73

POSTER_ID:6002375

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Just report it as police. It essentially the same as a police car sitting there checking speeds.

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I agree that it isn't a perfect reporting system right now, but there is no way we can support adding of buttons for every possible type of thing to report. We'd have to page through several screens of buttons to find the one we want if they aren't on the first page or two. Every mobile speed trap where I've seen them, are clearly marked as "police" on the side of the van or vehicle. There often is an officer physically sitting inside at the same time. It's police.

Now, what I could get behind is removing the "dummy" camera report type and change it to be "mobile speed trap" or something like that.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndreaDFC
Reporting mobile speed cameras as police is not intuitive for most users. In fact my area is full of wrong reports about fixed cameras: they instead are places where a Wazer has just seen a police with camera. I spend a lot of time checking these reports and deleting them!
In my opinion you should take away the report of police (for an ethical reason, Waze must not be useful for theft) and add a button for mobile speed cameras NEAR the actual button of fixed speed cameras.
AndreaDFC
Send a message