If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Charging Stations App Button?

Post by iluvstlucia
I'd like a button in the app so I can report Charging Stations for electric cars. I'm starting to see them in some parking garages and other locations, and this info would surely be useful to some wazers.

Button should include a "level" function so I can tell folks which garage level the station is on. You electric car people, what else do you need to know?
iluvstlucia
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:3918291

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I wonder if charging stations can be added like gas stations...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by j_iliz
I think it is a mistake to overlook this capability.

EV's are really taking off and as of now, people are using other MAP apps to find where the stations are and then trying to jump back to waze to get the best route to that charger. It is such a PITA doing this and because of it I find myself using the other app to guide me.

If people think it is useful for Gas stations, brushing if off for electric chargers is just dumb thinking.
j_iliz
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I too think that would be a really good idea for Waze to increase it's appeal to users. I presume there is a higher coorelation of users that buy electric vehicles and would use an application like Waze.

KS
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by R4CLucky14
This information is best suited for another app (think Foursquare for PoI, for example, or Gas Buddy for gas).

It appears Android has an app called ChargePoint that has this data already.
R4CLucky14
Send a message
Tennessee Editors, paritipate in our Wikipage

Area Manager: Southeast Tennessee, USA. Includes Athens, Benton, Cleveland, Englewood, Greenback, Maryville, Madisonville, and surrounding areas.
Phone: HTC Thunderbolt, Verizon, Android 2.3.4.