If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Navigate Via

Post by teg916
Is there any way to select a point that you would like Waze to route you through to your destination? If the route you want to take isn't one of the 3 that Waze comes up with on it's own it would be nice to be able to give it a waypoint for the route you want to take.
teg916

POSTER_ID:6286165

Send a message

Post by gettingthere
Yes, manually. Set a route the the intermediary destination. When you get there set another route to your final destination.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
Waze currently does not learn routes in the way that you think. Waze will route you via the fastest or shortest way (based on the application settings). If you want to force Waze to route via a specific place, you will need to set two independent routes as described.

The option in the setting that says 'learn routes to frequent destinations' is mislabled. It should say something like 'automatically start a route to frequent destinations'.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by harling
teg916 wrote:Would Waze still learn that is my preferred route from point A to point B that way if I set it as two seperate trips?
Instead of "learn routes", it should say "learn destinations". In other words, it pays attention to where you go on various days & times, and suggests them to you when you start up Waze. It doesn't learn the way you prefer to get there.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by teg916
Would Waze still learn that is my preferred route from point A to point B that way if I set it as two seperate trips?

I think Waze has a good thing going. A navigate Via would be a good feature to add down the road when a software revision is released in my opinion. I'm not sure if you have a user wish list you could add it to.
teg916
Send a message