If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Event / Traffic "thermometer" overlay

Post by onhiatus
One of my favorite views in Waze is the "thermometer" (I don't know how else to describe it) that is displayed on the route popup (when the route is first calculated). It shows a linear representation of the route with any slow downs or events marked in their relative position. I

would like to have an option to always show this as an overlay. It should always cover my start to finish (up to a certain distance - 60mi / 100km?) and should indicate where I currently am.

This would serve several funcitons:
- It would function as an indication of where I am in my route (visually I could tell that I was about half way home)
- I'll know when I've gotten to the traffic jam that I know is coming up
- It would be a compact view of events reported ahead
onhiatus

POSTER_ID:5134233

Send a message

Post by gettingthere
Yep, similar to what TomTom and CoPilot offer. Vertical bar on the side of the navigation view that shows traffic and/or events on route.

One issue here is that the current 'thermometer' / events on route preview is currently known to be inaccurate and not show the proper events on route in many cases. So displaying this inaccurate information on the navigation screen is not viable until Waze is able to fix the bugs.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by Jason_b
I had almost exactly the same idea.
Heres a link to my post. Im going to add this request to UserVoice so we can get attention to this great idea.

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 35#p161335
Jason_b
Send a message

Post by Jason_b
I posted to user voice. Hopefully we can get some votes.

Click here http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223- ... bar-to-map to vote for this feature.
Jason_b
Send a message