If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Police Hidden, Visible, MOVING - and MORE! :)

Post by themaskedmarvel
Greetings -

I frequently appreciate the Waze notifications of upcoming STOPPED police cars. Nice to know they're there if I need them. I'd also appreciate knowing if there was one headed toward me, even if from behind.

Adding an "In Motion" option would solve this. It'd have to be a rolling marker that expired after a period of time, I suppose. Maybe a further option to make it "Faster than Me," "Slower than Me," or "My Speed." Just have the marker move for five minutes. Or two. If it's a neighborhood with lots of turns and stop signs just give us a "bubble" of probability.

Could be ported to include "Dangerous Driver" categories to warn us of drunks/speeders/slow pokes.

Probably too many calculations and variables to be possible - but think of it for the next update! :)

And thanks - GREAT app!

8-Damien
Drive Safe!
themaskedmarvel

POSTER_ID:4142325

Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Could use the normal speed camera report?

Sent from my Telenor_OneTouch using Tapatalk
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by gordonski
Hi,
this discussion has been here before. Moving policecars are just too unpredictable to display them on the map. By the time a user has committed the report and the clients have received the warning, it might already be totally obsolete. Over here "moving" could be anything from 5 to 150 mph.
Especially in areas with many turns waze would have to calculate a bubble which increases every second. (Maybe we could get the cops to use waze, too? :lol: )
And I don't really see the point in knowing where the police might be driving around. They can only take your speed when driving right behind you (unless you're totally overdoing it). So your rear mirror would probably still be more reliable then the "attention, there could be a policar somewhere in a 10-miles-radius (growing by 1 mile per minute) around your current position" warning.
Just "drive safe" and respect speed limits. Still the best way to keep you out of troube... ;)

Regards,
Gordonski
gordonski
Send a message
No stop signs, speed limitdownload/file.php?id=44782Nobody's gonna slow me down!
Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte

Post by move_please
I'd like too see reports distinguish between "speed traps" and "police patrol."

I'm new to this app, and it may already exist, but after speed traps are reported at the same location on a given number of different day, maybe a warning can be given for a "known speed enforcement area." This could allow users local to an area to warn those unfamiliar with local enforcement activities of frequent speed traps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
move_please
Send a message