If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Toggle 'avoid highways' on the route choice page

Post by ryan707
I live in a big city, and when the expressways are heavy, the surface streets are faster. It would be nice to be able to toggle the 'avoid highways' preference from the page that list my route choices.. because every time begin a route, I back out, change the preference, then reselect the route to compare the results. Then if the 1st one was better, I do it all over again to set it to that.

Another option would be to have another option of just showing me the travel times of both highway & non-highway routes together.. maybe a symbol or color code designates that it is one or the other.

Sounds good?

Great job, I appreciate what you have done.
-Ryan
ryan707

POSTER_ID:5824574

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
With time and use by more users, Waze should always be able to get you onto the fastest route regardless of street type. But your idea is a valid one.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by outdoordad
This could be one grerat fix to help rerouting around conjested or problem areas! I love the idea.
outdoordad
Send a message