If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

suggestion for reporting and confirmation cameras

Post by m4rc072
To improve the detection system of cameras, should avoid the current system based on two levels (Warning on the map / subsequent confirmation on the editor). Unfortunately, many users do not have time or want to do the second step. Could be done in such a way that, once a wazer creates the first alert, just a second wazer passes through the same point, receives a notice to confirm or not the presence of the camera, at the third wazer will be made the same question. If confirmed by both (2 and 3) then the camera will effectively reported on the map, otherwise it will be deleted.
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

POSTER_ID:5947030

Send a message

Post by CBenson
The problem with this suggestion, at least here is the US, is that the majority of the population appears to not be able to distinguish an actual speed or red light camera from the many other sensors around an intersection. Thus, practically every intersection with a traffic light around me is populated with multiple unconfirmed cameras. I really don't want notices to confirm these as I drive. I'm also pretty sure they would be confirmed here, make the red light camera feature rather useless.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Ahh, I hadn't picked up on the non-confirm action. That would help.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by m4rc072
CBenson wrote:The problem with this suggestion, at least here is the US, is that the majority of the population appears to not be able to distinguish an actual speed or red light camera from the many other sensors around an intersection. Thus, practically every intersection with a traffic light around me is populated with multiple unconfirmed cameras. I really don't want notices to confirm these as I drive. I'm also pretty sure they would be confirmed here, make the red light camera feature rather useless.
Also here in Italy we have the same problem, the map is full of cameras is not confirmed, my proposal was just that, delete all the cameras are not confirmed after 30 days. In this way, after 2 confirmation or 2 non-confirmation, directly from the client, the problem would be solved.
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message