Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Postby elliscs » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Just thought I'd add some abilities I'd like to see. Add yours in reply as well!
  • Speed limit...This is probably the best gps app to collect this data
  • Planning a trip from browser...Today I've got about 6 stops to make and I'd love to be able to plan it from the browser instead of my phone
  • Travelling salesman problem...Add several addresses and Waze figures out the quickest roundtrip
elliscs

Postby fvwazing » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Expect (n-1)! routes to be calculated for your little TS-problem. Today, you would have caused timeouts in routing for 120 other Wazers. In other words: capacity problems do not allow for such at the moment.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby toggeli » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:50 pm

I'd like to see
- POIs as in other GPS-apps (show on map, import, export, custom POI's etc)
- map color scheme customization

Thomas
toggeli

Postby fjperreault » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:16 pm

I would like to see the following enhancements.

1) When Autozoom is turned off I would like the zoom level that I set stored and restored whenever I bring Waze up. It seems that every time I bring up the app I have to reset the zoom level. It should never change unless I change it when Autozoom is turned off.

2) Be able to modify the screen brightness when in Night mode. With the phone sitting on the dash it is hard to see details on the screen due to low screen brightness. I should be able to see screen brightness to better view the screen.

3) Be able to turn off the new auto destination feature. Whenever I fire up the app it always assumes I'm going to a previous place and then starts routing to that destination. I would like be able to turn this feature off. If I am going to work I would rather chose it manually versus always have to shut it down.

Thanks!

Frank
fjperreault

Postby gerben » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm

toggeli wrote:- map color scheme customization

Already possible by editing the schema files that you find in the skins subfolders.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben

Postby gerben » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:18 pm

fjperreault wrote:3) Be able to turn off the new auto destination feature. Whenever I fire up the app it always assumes I'm going to a previous place and then starts routing to that destination. I would like be able to turn this feature off. If I am going to work I would rather chose it manually versus always have to shut it down.

This is already possible. I do not have my phone near me now, so I cannot point you to it, but the option is called 'learn routes to my frequent destinations'.
ImageImageImageImage
gerben

Postby gerben » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Moved to Thoughts and Suggestions.
ImageImageImageImage
gerben

Postby LinoVeiga » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:15 pm

I would like to see the voice icon in the search changed to a search icon, this way when I want to enter search data, it goes to my keyboard that has voice input without asking me what I want to use to record.
Also if I paste my search criteria into the search box, then I would just press search, now I have to paste, then click on the text to open my keyboard, then press enter.
This program need many repairs, and it seams that they are not happening, it is rear to see an update to Waze.
What are they doing, giving up on this program, hoping to sell it.
LinoVeiga

Postby woitalla » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:11 am

I also use an App called GasBuddy

Community based gas price reporting. If I need to report/update gas prices with Waze running, I have to switch between apps. Nothing painful, but I thought the ability to report/find Gas Prices at gas stations near like on GasBuddy, that would be awesome.

Much like reporting other items, you could have a quick way to report gas prices for stations identified/tracked in waze
woitalla

Postby thefatveganchef » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:40 am

I would like to see a few autofill buttons in the ping feature, so you don't have to try to type. Maybe things like "Hi", "How's the weather?", "Happy wazing!", or "Did you hear the one about the Wazer who tried to cross the road?", or something generic like that.

**edit** I would also like to see some AM editing tools built in, like an ability to mark a segment on the map or that that may have a UR and you need to drive to the area to check it out. A seprate navigation list to have waze take you there or a pop up reminder to have you check it out or map it if you are in the area.
thefatveganchef
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests