Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby richhobo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:17 pm

khoward633 wrote:I'd like to see some indicator (maybe an arrow) on the direction other wazers on my screen are traveling (or really have already traveled).

Example: I'm driving on a long stretch of highway and see other wazers on the road. I don't know if they went the same direction I am going or the opposite. This would help when looking for hazards, traffic, police. If I see no hazards or police in my route and other wazers have recently traveled this way, then I feel more confident that I should have a trouble free drive. If they are going in the other direction, then I need to be more careful 8-)

+1
richhobo

Postby RoadRunner50 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:56 pm

1. POSTED SPEED LIMIT.....I would like to see the speed limit displayed for the road I am on.
2. SAVE ROUTES/LOCAL MAPS....I would like to simply save my route(s) and be able to fine tune them, and reverse them. And I would like to save my local maps offline so when the network connection is spotty I can more quickly get going.
3. VIEW COMPLETE ROUTE.....I would like to easily view my complete route on the screen, along with alternative routes without having to zoom out by swiping my screen.
4. NOTIFICATIONS ALONG MY ROUTE ONLY PLEASE....I only want to view pop up notifications which are on my route ahead, not for miles around me.
5. GAS STATIONS AHEAD ON MY ROUTE....when looking for gas I am primarily interesed in stations along my route ahead, and I want to filter for my favorite brands. And make their complete
6. MILE MARKERS ON INTERSTATES....I want to know my location based on the mile marker so when I need to call for help I can report where I am in a way they will understand.
7. CACHE REPORTS UNTIL NETWORK IS AVAILBALE.....when I try to report items and the network is not available, store them until it become available then submit them, don't just tell me the network is not available How silly...otherwise the report does nobody any good!
RoadRunner50

Postby rodsterb » Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 am

I'd like to see a text version of my route before I start off. Sort of turn by turn navigation so I can scroll through and see if this is the way I want to go or not. I like the feature that shows me in advance that I'm going to the right destination, I would just like to see how it is planning to take me before I start.
rodsterb

Postby ronacap » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:03 pm

What is missing and should be added is that the navigation should say/announce your destination is approaching to the left or right. This feature exists on my Garmin device (that I no longer use).
San Diego, California, United States | Royalty Wazer | Waze 3.6 | iPhone 4 | iOS 6.1.3
ronacap

Postby RyanTheDon » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Suggestions to Waze users to improve the map. For example, if there is a pacman road near by, suggest the user to drive over it to help Waze collect the data. I know we have the feature to have Waze route routes with pacman roads, but even the small suggestion might help Waze even more.

There should be themed days on Waze. For example if it is a holiday like St. Patrick's Day, then Waze itself will switch to green tones and your Waze icon could be a shamrock or something.
RyanTheDon

Postby sejtam » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:33 am

Is like to see a way to load 3Rd party POIs with proximity alerts.

So far I can only load my pois into some other
Mapping program, but running Terri at the same time to get proximity alerts is not doable

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
sejtam

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Automatically offer to find parking facilities near my destination, show them, show rates, free lots, where available reserve a lot etc (latter might need some API to tools that can fetch those infos in realtime). Remember preferred parking lots etc

sejtam

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Some mark this spot/time for my own later action feature.. So that I can be automatically reminded of (by email )

use case: when I drive along and want to remember to look up something I saw there.
Our maybe I want to be reminded of a nap issue to report there..

A voice memo feature tied to that location would be nice.

sejtam

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:42 pm

The ability to mark (on the map editor) bus lanes and their hours, so that waze can somehow mark them when they are active (we have some that are all day and strictly enforced, without even being allowed to quickly drop someone on the roadside, and some that are peak hours only)

sejtam

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:46 pm

I know I can tap and hold.but doing so while driving and then having to enter info on why I did that ( with details) is hard and potentially unsafe, plus I may forget about it later. A quick button that malls the spot, allows me to record a voice note and then later emails me the note with location link etc would be nice.it could group them by trip..

sejtam

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests