Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby rodsterb » Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 am

I'd like to see a text version of my route before I start off. Sort of turn by turn navigation so I can scroll through and see if this is the way I want to go or not. I like the feature that shows me in advance that I'm going to the right destination, I would just like to see how it is planning to take me before I start.
rodsterb

Postby ronacap » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:03 pm

What is missing and should be added is that the navigation should say/announce your destination is approaching to the left or right. This feature exists on my Garmin device (that I no longer use).
San Diego, California, United States | Royalty Wazer | Waze 3.6 | iPhone 4 | iOS 6.1.3
ronacap

Postby Ryanthedon » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Suggestions to Waze users to improve the map. For example, if there is a pacman road near by, suggest the user to drive over it to help Waze collect the data. I know we have the feature to have Waze route routes with pacman roads, but even the small suggestion might help Waze even more.

There should be themed days on Waze. For example if it is a holiday like St. Patrick's Day, then Waze itself will switch to green tones and your Waze icon could be a shamrock or something.
Ryanthedon

Postby Scorp42 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:59 pm

I would love to see the 'recently traveled' tracks on the road similar to trapster. This would allow us to know if it had been a while since another wazer had driven that street. And allow us to know how much we should trust the reports.

Example: if no wader had travelled the road in an hour, you know the police reports and jams are no longer reliable. Accidents can clear up. Cops can leave, or set up radar. Things like that. Currently you have to click on each incident to see the freshness. With the 'recently traveled' info, you can determine your confidence level in a single glance.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998
Scorp42
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Scorp42 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:56 am

I'd like to see a way that editor can make notes to themselves in the client, that other editors can't "solve" for us.

I commonly leave myself UR's with wrong and corrected road names and such. by the time I get home, I occasionally see them "solved" or closed, without the change being made. (Or being made incorrectly, as they don't understand the shorthand note I wrote to myself.

Being able to edit the map from an iPad or tablet would be nice, but I think that's aiming WAY too high currently.
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998
Scorp42
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby sejtam » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:33 am

Is like to see a way to load 3Rd party POIs with proximity alerts.

So far I can only load my pois into some other
Mapping program, but running Terri at the same time to get proximity alerts is not doable

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
sejtam

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Automatically offer to find parking facilities near my destination, show them, show rates, free lots, where available reserve a lot etc (latter might need some API to tools that can fetch those infos in realtime). Remember preferred parking lots etc

sejtam

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Some mark this spot/time for my own later action feature.. So that I can be automatically reminded of (by email )

use case: when I drive along and want to remember to look up something I saw there.
Our maybe I want to be reminded of a nap issue to report there..

A voice memo feature tied to that location would be nice.

sejtam

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:42 pm

The ability to mark (on the map editor) bus lanes and their hours, so that waze can somehow mark them when they are active (we have some that are all day and strictly enforced, without even being allowed to quickly drop someone on the roadside, and some that are peak hours only)

sejtam

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:46 pm

I know I can tap and hold.but doing so while driving and then having to enter info on why I did that ( with details) is hard and potentially unsafe, plus I may forget about it later. A quick button that malls the spot, allows me to record a voice note and then later emails me the note with location link etc would be nice.it could group them by trip..

sejtam

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests