Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by ZoomTurtle
Not sure if any of these have been covered yet but here goes:

1. Why doesn't waze show us other wazers who are traveling the same direction we are? is this to avoid some kind of waze race between users or something? i think it would be cool to see people who are traveling the same direction i am.

2. i know waze has the ability to "queue" up an action so when you drive by it you are ready to send it but what about all the times you only notice a hazard/police/etc after you drive by it? you go to send it but you are already half a mile away which is unfortunate. waze needs to give us the ability to send a report that is behind us (on the route we just traveled). give us the choice between 1/4mi, 1/2mi, and 1mile? that would be a great feature.

3. traffic reporting:
a. considering traffic is one of the biggest menaces known to drivers why does waze only give us the ability to report where it starts but not where it ends? im sure waze is looking at vehicle speed to determine this but it would be nice to report it for accuracy's sake, no?
b. also, if someone already reported traffic i think reporting it again (in the traffic zone) should be disallowed to make things cleaner.
c. does waze use google maps traffic data? it should in addition to its own. i find myself switching between the two apps because its a lot easier to see traffic on Google's map.

4. when clicking on a report on the map we can only confirm it - why cant we also reject it? the only way to reject a report is if it shows up on our map as we approach it? why not let us selectively confirm/deny reports when we see fit?

5. gas: is there a way to show gas prices as we drive by the stations? why do we have to be SO CLOSE to the station to enter it's price? give us all stations within 1/2mi by order of closeness when we press the button to make entering prices easier.

thats all i've come up with for now after using the app for a week. fun stuff! :)
ZoomTurtle
Send a message

Post by ZoomTurtle
One of the best features of WAZE is the police reporting ability. Taking it out would hurt the app's usefulness significantly for most people.

So, what do you "regulars" thinkg of my suggestions? Are any of my ideas useful/original/worthy of discussion? 8-)

Generally speaking: how do new features/changes make their way into WAZE?
ZoomTurtle
Send a message