Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
OldGnome wrote:
sejtam wrote:Automatically offer to find parking facilities near my destination, show them, show rates, free lots, where available reserve a lot etc (latter might need some API to tools that can fetch those infos in realtime). Remember preferred parking lots etc
Absolutely not. I already have a free app I can use to help find parking. No reason for Waze to develop more features that are already covered elsewhere.
Actually, Waze already has "parking lot" as a category search feature, and they've been open that finding parking is on their roadmap already. Although, that may be changing, but we're not sure. They posted a blog recently about Robin having parking features and you can use Waze to navigate. Though they still may be working to access that kind of data internally instead of relying on another app.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mrhodes2705 wrote:Id love to see that the default road added is a two way road and not the current one way road, it would save so much time when editing :-) here's hoping :-)
I think this, along with full allowed turns by default would make the editor more efficient. Unfortunately, we've been asking for it since before WME was released to the general public in late 2011.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
wizbang_fl wrote:When editing a roadway or adding a roadway.... I'd like to see the following options either via direct selection or tied to or tied to existing metadata selections with their definition.......
I think you need to read the wiki and road definitions provided there. Also, some states have different definitions.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlienCG
I'd like to see a feature that would allow me to place an "X" on the map wherever I'm at (for personal use, not to be added to the public map). I'm an amateur photographer who likes urban decay and I often see interesting places on my way home from work or when I'm trying to get somewhere and can't stop. Unfortunately, I can't always remember where those places are and they go un-photographed.
AlienCG
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
mich729 wrote:I wish we could block and report users. I like communicating with others on the road but it comes with the expense of dealing with jerks using irrelevant profanity.
Someone just chatted me to "suck my c**k you fat h*e" for no reason. Not cool. Username was matthew069. I took a photo of it in case I ever get the ability to block/report him.
I thought there was a report/block button as we've gotten a few reports of people accidentally hitting it and then not getting pings/chitchats from people they know. You an also report them by using the form on the Support page. Use the quick help box to search for "Report User", at the bottom of the results (if any) click the email link, fill out that form & it will go to the support staff. I actually reported a spammer this way once and the spam was gone the day I got the response from the support staff - they didn't tell me exactly what happened, but it was either a warning (that the user listened to) or a banning.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
jasonh300 wrote:
bluepawel wrote:Is there an option like "prefer freeway/major highways" planned in the future? This can be very helpful for wazers who can't take smaller streets, because they're traveling in truck or with heavy trailer.
xteejx wrote:That is the default behaviour...
The option would have to be to avoid anything that's not a highway. Unfortunately, truck routes do sometimes hit residential streets, so a simple avoidance or preference wouldn't guarantee a good route for truckers. This also doesn't really fit into the target audience for Waze, which is driving commuters.
It's been brought up several times... A truck mode/vehicle type in the client and a "No Trucks" flag that has to be implemented VERY specifically (with input from those Wazers with Class B CDL Licenses & Higher - it's not illegal/unsafe for trucks to use every street that has a "no trucks" sign)... Hopefully for the future...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
patdailey wrote:I would like to be able to designate my current location as a favorite without entering an address.
If you tap and hold you can then save your current location as a favorite...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by Appesteijn
I would like to see a button 'I'm out of fuel!', that you can press when the fuel light in your car has just sprung to life. Waze then calculates a route to the cheapest gas-station, but without diverging too much from your current route.
Appesteijn
Send a message

Post by Arvester
A very simple thing I'd like to have on the main page is a bar displaying the battery-status of the smartphone. I only have one port in my car and can't charge my phone and something else at the same time.

In fact, I use to have my GPS navigator AND my phone with Waze, because the french map isn't completely clear (yeah, I'm french, that's why I have a terrible english). I use Waze only for the community and its indications on the road.
Arvester
Send a message

Post by B564377
I love Waze.

Using it in a smaller city, however, has it's challenges. Here are just a couple, even when Anonymous is turned on:

- It's easy for someone to know who you are and where you live, when you're home or not, etc. over time.
- Events, such as construction or accidents disappear/timeout too quickly

I'd like to suggest two features:

1) Add the option, "Don't display your current location to other Waze users if within [ x ] km of your home and work address (as stored in Waze)"
2) Set the timeout values for events higher in smaller cities, or even better, in cities that have fewer reports. In a city like Toronto, 10 minutes might be fine, in a city like Woodstock, Ontario, 60-90 minutes would be better.

I'd also like to throw in another feature, and that is a Pause Reporting feature. A bunch of us use Waze while we're running errands or going to garage and yard sales. This results in Waze reporting slowdowns or traffic when there really aren't any. Now we have to use Shut Down each time we stop, which is quick, but then we have to start the application back up and that can sometimes take minutes for Waze to reinitialize and update its map.

Otherwise great product. Thanks!
B564377
Send a message