Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by Ryanthedon
Suggestions to Waze users to improve the map. For example, if there is a pacman road near by, suggest the user to drive over it to help Waze collect the data. I know we have the feature to have Waze route routes with pacman roads, but even the small suggestion might help Waze even more.

There should be themed days on Waze. For example if it is a holiday like St. Patrick's Day, then Waze itself will switch to green tones and your Waze icon could be a shamrock or something.
Ryanthedon
Send a message

Post by Scorp42
I would love to see the 'recently traveled' tracks on the road similar to trapster. This would allow us to know if it had been a while since another wazer had driven that street. And allow us to know how much we should trust the reports.

Example: if no wader had travelled the road in an hour, you know the police reports and jams are no longer reliable. Accidents can clear up. Cops can leave, or set up radar. Things like that. Currently you have to click on each incident to see the freshness. With the 'recently traveled' info, you can determine your confidence level in a single glance.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
I'd like to see a way that editor can make notes to themselves in the client, that other editors can't "solve" for us.

I commonly leave myself UR's with wrong and corrected road names and such. by the time I get home, I occasionally see them "solved" or closed, without the change being made. (Or being made incorrectly, as they don't understand the shorthand note I wrote to myself.

Being able to edit the map from an iPad or tablet would be nice, but I think that's aiming WAY too high currently.
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by sejtam
Is like to see a way to load 3Rd party POIs with proximity alerts.

So far I can only load my pois into some other
Mapping program, but running Terri at the same time to get proximity alerts is not doable

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
sejtam
Send a message

Post by sejtam
Automatically offer to find parking facilities near my destination, show them, show rates, free lots, where available reserve a lot etc (latter might need some API to tools that can fetch those infos in realtime). Remember preferred parking lots etc

sejtam
Send a message

Post by sejtam
Some mark this spot/time for my own later action feature.. So that I can be automatically reminded of (by email )

use case: when I drive along and want to remember to look up something I saw there.
Our maybe I want to be reminded of a nap issue to report there..

A voice memo feature tied to that location would be nice.

sejtam
Send a message

Post by sejtam
The ability to mark (on the map editor) bus lanes and their hours, so that waze can somehow mark them when they are active (we have some that are all day and strictly enforced, without even being allowed to quickly drop someone on the roadside, and some that are peak hours only)

sejtam
Send a message

Post by sejtam
I know I can tap and hold.but doing so while driving and then having to enter info on why I did that ( with details) is hard and potentially unsafe, plus I may forget about it later. A quick button that malls the spot, allows me to record a voice note and then later emails me the note with location link etc would be nice.it could group them by trip..

sejtam
Send a message

Post by sejtam
Absolutely not. I already have a free app I can use to help find parking. No reason for Waze to develop more features that are already covered elsewhere.
The issue is not the existence if other apps that do that, but integration into waze. I don't want to have to switch apps, control the other app while driving etc. esp in the city the parking lot situation is unknown to me in many areas, so having to stop, bring up the other app at my destination, digest the output and then use that app's map ( or even to feed the results into waze one by one) would be a pain.esp if one lot offered us full and I have to do the same again...
sejtam
Send a message

Post by slvr_dagger
I haven't read through all 10 pages of suggestions so far to see if anyone else suggested this but I would like to be able to use the voice commands while driving to search for alternate destinations along my route. What I mean by this is I would begin my route from point A to point B. Along the way I get hungry or need some gas, so I would use a voice command.... "find restaurants"... "find gas stations". This would result in a simple at a glance list (in the case of gas stations sorted by price or distance depending on preference). Next voice command would be "Navigate to 1"... or 2, 3 or which ever list item you want to go to. Waze then re-routes you to your new destination.... point C. After you are done at C you simply tell Waze to resume previous navigation and it then routes you back to point B from where you are.
slvr_dagger
Send a message