If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by GizmoGuy411
Kuhlkatz wrote:...
I'm afraid my OCD kicks in if I can not get it spot-on. Sort of like editing maps....
OCD?? I'm sure you are the only with that here!
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by GiZZyB
+1 on speed limit on roads, maybe an icon above or bellow the current speed
GiZZyB
Send a message

Post by golum1630
A "Add here" for a new favorite would be cool too...
This would allow Waze to drive me to places that have no postal address, or to the exact place I want to drive (eg company parking, 50m away from postal address...)
golum1630
Send a message

Post by gordonski
What if Waze sent emails or PMs to AMs when a UR is submitted in their managed areas?
As the map editor doesn't allow to zoom out very fast, I have to scroll all over my area to find URs. If I got messages with permalinks, I could react much faster to URs.
For AMs who would do not want this, there could be an option in the User Control Panel to turn off/on UR notifications.

Gordonski
gordonski
Send a message
No stop signs, speed limitdownload/file.php?id=44782Nobody's gonna slow me down!
Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte

Post by GSRBRUH
I would like to be able to edit other peoples notifications. Sometimes people post that there are police officers or accidents but when I drive though they are cleared. It would be nice to delete them.

Also it would be nice to map out your own routes.
GSRBRUH
Send a message

Post by Harleyuki
I'm at home listening to my radio scanner, hear of a head-on collisioforcing a are-routing of traffic. NHow van I put that info out to users?
Harleyuki
Send a message

Post by harling
zac08 wrote:Btw, how can we indicate that an area allows U turns? So that the route can effectively be more smoother on the roads esp when the routes given does not take this into consideration at times.
Once again, I'm going to suggest that the WME and map database need to have explicit U-turn arrows/properties that work just like the existing turn restriction arrows. This would obviate splitting roads just to make U-turns possible, and also the hack that allows or disallows U-turns in split roadways according to whether the connecting segment is more or less than 15m in length.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by harling
xteejx wrote:I'm just saying. Anyone needing to see the police icon or alert on waze is obviously a bad driver. Why else would anyone care unless they were speeding or driving without a licence, insurance or tax?
Too many idiots on the road these days, I'd hate to see waze being used to help those people who decide to flout the law.
In some jurisdictions, the police focus on getting dangerous drivers off the road. In others, they are there to stop cars and write tickets for any infraction they can come up with. Even law-abiding, safe drivers who live in the latter have reason to avoid such scrutiny, being stopped for driving 3mph over the speed limit, etc.

This once happened to me in my hometown when I was a new driver--and if I had known then what I know now, this officer would have found himself in serious trouble:
  • As I was rounding a corner, past a cruiser parked in his usual spot, I noticed that an aluminum can was standing up in the middle of the street. What are the odds that I would land standing up, and directly between the double yellow lines, right? As I drove by, I heard the can get knocked over by the turbulence from my car. A few seconds later, the blue flashing lights came on, and I was pulled over. The officer accused me of throwing a beer can out of the window of my car. I helpfully (naively) explained, "Oh, there was a can standing in the middle of the street back there. It wasn't mine." And he let me go.

Years later something reminded me of the incident, and I realized immediately what had been going on: he was placing the can there, then using it as a pretext to stop and search cars.
That's fabricating evidence. Thankfully, my town isn't like this any more, and today's police force would not countenance that sort of malfeasance. But I'm sure there are still places where those sorts of things are done. My point being, in some areas the preference to avoid police scrutiny is not limited to lawbreakers.
harling
Send a message

Post by harling
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
harling wrote:.. today's police force would not countenance that sort of malfeasance.
Sir, you've exceeded the allowed average syllables per word in that sentence. :lol:
Officer: "Don't you know the limit here is 60 miles per hour?"
Me: "Yes, but I wasn't going to be out that long."
harling
Send a message

Post by harling
Kuhlkatz wrote:With the ability to pave roads directly from the WME client, I think the client pave ability has now outlived it's useful purpose and is just an annoyance to serious editors in general...
With new construction, where overhead imagery is not available yet, the "pave" option may be the quickest way to get new roads in roughly the right location. A shopping plaza went up in my area, and I was able to add the access and perimeter roads to the map long before the aerials were updated.
harling
Send a message