Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by RallyChris
Waze is beta testing a long term, remote report, web based interface in the world server right now. Give it time, and it should come over to the NA side also.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by RallyChris
drivegate wrote:(1)
At Report I want a sign for wheater.
For example: black ice on the road
perhaps only temporarily, but useful!
Hazard is certainly possible, but would be more accurate weather.

(2) No Map, only community!
saves download traffic!

greetings Frank
1) If you have the voice control option, you can report a lot more things then what is on the menus. Their is finite space on the menus, if they put everything that everyone has suggested on them, you would have to scroll for a mile to find the one you want.

2) you can turn off traffic display in the advanced settings. Doesn't stop reports from popping up while stopped or if you have them set for any groups you are in, but that will effectively do what you want.
RallyChris
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
This is from a 3.x version point of view, but menu->settings->advanced->show on map

Traffic layer (color coded) = the automated reports that show current speed of segment.
Traffic jams = The reports from other wazers (manual, or prompted "are you in traffic")

Your 3rd option might be doable, but they have to make the names actually correct first :)
Their is a current issue with getting the wrong info attached to a wazer icon.

If they implement this, definitely would need to be an option, because if you are in a high wazer density area, you will have a hard time seeing the road without the labels. :)
RallyChris
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
You can report not there, if you are travelling the same direction. Otherwise, you can only make comments.

People have already suspect that police are remove reports about themselves, so if it was allowed for anything anywhere, it could really be abused.
RallyChris
Send a message

Post by randomact
The ability to remotely add events!

I know this opens an entirely different can of worms for urban environments but in rural locations like mine, and locations with few wazers, the odds are slim that major events (road closures, accidents) would get reported. An Example:

It snows where I live. A Lot. This last winter the highway out of town heading south was completely blocked off by a snowdrift. The province closed the road and posted in all their social media accounts that the road was closed. This cut the city off from all points south. As it stood, waze showed the highway as open and bare because one of the handful of wazers in town would need to drive out there and manually tag that the road was closed, a dangerous and foolish task in that weather.

What I would like to do is take (For example) twitter reports from @driveBC and translate them into waze reports. It could save someone a whole lot of pain and suffering.

Even if this ability was given only to Area Managers, it would help.
randomact
Send a message
---->
RandomAct
Area Manager, Prince George, BC, Canada

Post by randomact
RallyChris wrote:Waze is beta testing a long term, remote report, web based interface in the world server right now. Give it time, and it should come over to the NA side also.
Ask, and ye shall recieve...

Good to hear, looking forward to it.
randomact
Send a message
---->
RandomAct
Area Manager, Prince George, BC, Canada

Post by rbthomp76
I second AlienGC's suggestion. If notes were added to this point, it could be used for a wide range if things. (I'm thinking of notes to myself regarding map updates, but....).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rbthomp76
Send a message

Post by rbthomp76
I would like to be able to see the status of the current map on the device app. Put it down in the settings somewhere, but it would nice to know the current map version without having to go to the website.
rbthomp76
Send a message

Post by richhobo_FL
Maybe a way to report cops that are rolling and not just "visible" or "hidden"
richhobo_FL
Send a message

Post by richhobo_FL
Bozwell wrote:
richhobo wrote:Maybe a way to report cops that are rolling and not just "visible" or "hidden"
And 60 seconds after the report is made the cops are a mile away...

Very true, maybe a "cops patrolling" report? just thinking out loud
richhobo_FL
Send a message