Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by bozwell
thumpersfoot wrote:I would like to be able to edit other peoples notifications. Sometimes people post that there are police officers or accidents but when I drive though they are cleared. It would be nice to delete them.
The down side of that would be a Police Officer could clear them when they are still there.
bozwell
Send a message

Post by bozwell
And I thought I was a pedant ;)
bozwell
Send a message

Post by bozwell
richhobo wrote:Maybe a way to report cops that are rolling and not just "visible" or "hidden"
And 60 seconds after the report is made the cops are a mile away...
bozwell
Send a message

Post by bretmcvey
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
danohi wrote:I would like to see the ability to have an option to draft a map problem, saving until later when you're stopped someplace, and finishing the draft. Would be able to put more details into the map problem that you could not via a voice recording while driving.
I've been leaving myself a reminder using voice commands (Siri on ios ) which I then use to later add a map problem from livemap. Then I or other editor can solve it.
I don't have a version of iDevice that's yet running Siri, but it's if at a descriptive enough zoom level I'll just take a snapshot of the screen using iOS's Home and Sleep/Wake button to document what the map was showing me in case it was an error. Another alternate trick would be to establish keyboard shortcuts (only familiar with iOS, but assuming Android has an alternative). That way if you do hit the report button you can type in a special shortcode for yourself that would expand out a full relevant message, I presently use that for reporting incidents on the road.

In order though to make something like that map error draft useful, Waze might need to store the full start and stop data of a route of the reporter so at least that user could view their entire route with their path and possibly the Waze provided routing (might get too complex though as I personally tend to veer off course deliberately for scenic traveling).
bretmcvey
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Regional Coordinator - Plains Region
Global Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.png

Post by CBenson
bgodette wrote:Unfortunately no, not with how Waze's routing works so far. It does not appear to take into account *when* you will reach a particular segment or junction, else Waze could avoid that jam that doesn't exist yet when you start your route, but will be there by the time you reach it without a reroute when you get near. AFAIK I've never seen or heard of Waze doing that.
I do get routes that avoid sections of road near the end of my route that do not show as jammed when I get the route. I'm not sure how to determine whether the speed data that waze is using for the end of the route is 1) current real-time data based on recent wazers traversing the segment at the time I request the route, 2) historic speed data for the time when I request the route, 3) historic speed data for the time when waze calculates I will get to the segment, or 4) some intelligent prediction based on the current real-time data and historic patterns. Assuming that 4 is a bit optimistic, how could I tell which of 1-3 is being used?

bgodette wrote:They will eventually need to add support for doing that just to be able to support Time of Day turn restrictions which is a more direct use of "when will I be at junction X".
Well they have the speed data and can use it to calculate routes in the future as the widget shows. Why wouldn't they do this now to make more accurate ETA estimates?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
daknife wrote:And direction is usually pretty easy to figure out. If you see them once ahead of you and then that's it, they were heading the opposite direction.
I suspect that there are wazers ahead of me that are going in the same direction on the same road that I only see once. It seems that not all the nearby wazers are necessarily shown, so I don't think you can count on a wazer going in your direction reappearing. I base this on the the number of wazers that show on split highways ahead of me that I only see once.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
harling wrote:With new construction, where overhead imagery is not available yet, the "pave" option may be the quickest way to get new roads in roughly the right location.
I still find using my drives and the GPS layer easier that paving. But I also haven't been seen nearly as many issues with paved roads on the map around here. So I don't mind it staying for those who do use it.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
OldGnome wrote:There are a number of threads already on time-of-day restrictions. In short, they are not possible....at least, not yet. I don't know if that functionality is planned.
Waze has indicated that the functionality is planned. ETA as always is the ever vague - soon.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CircuitRiderNinja
+1 on saving current location as a favorite.

Also, the "Is the policeman / broken down car / etc. still there?" comes up and disappears long before I can tell if the problem is still there... it needs to remain visible at least until the spot is reached, preferably for a couple tenths of a mile afterwards.

Otherwise, loving WAZE!
CircuitRiderNinja
Send a message

Post by clmill79
It would be nice to see where my destination actually is at the end of my trips. Such as "destination on left/right", both by label and voice command.

Being in a city, I often run into places I've never been before, and subsequently pass by on accident because I didn't know which side of the street it was on or what lane I should be in

Any thoughts already to adding this function in a future update?
clmill79
Send a message