Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by KA-BA
I found
settings - advanced - auto zoom - no auto zoom
Reduce data Transfer to a minimum?

(4)
Is there a POI-Warner on board?
With adjustable distance before being warned?

(5)
What about an altitude meter on the left side?
Like speed meter on the right side!

Regards Frank
PS
I will never use it as a navigation software, because it is online.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2
KA-BA
Send a message
Last edited by KA-BA on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samsung GT-I9505 - CM12.1 nightly - WAZE 4.x

Post by kermitfrogspeedy
When your final destination is reached during navigation, show the entire address and not just the street name.

Sometimes, it's very handy to have the house or building number display on the screen so you can location the correct residence/business.
kermitfrogspeedy
Send a message

Post by khoward633
I'd like to see some indicator (maybe an arrow) on the direction other wazers on my screen are traveling (or really have already traveled).

Example: I'm driving on a long stretch of highway and see other wazers on the road. I don't know if they went the same direction I am going or the opposite. This would help when looking for hazards, traffic, police. If I see no hazards or police in my route and other wazers have recently traveled this way, then I feel more confident that I should have a trouble free drive. If they are going in the other direction, then I need to be more careful 8-)
khoward633
Send a message

Post by kingofpa
I would like to see, that if I click on another waze user I see the distance they are from me and possibly what speed they are travelling.

Also I would like to be able to add "Flood" as an option for an Incident... maybe under weather.
kingofpa
Send a message

Post by kingofpa
xteejx wrote:You can already see roughly what speed they are travelling, the problem is where do we draw the line between accuracy and privacy?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
I thought about that with the request. When is it too much information? Maybe you can show more accuracy if you are "friends".

Anyway, thanks for the quick response.
kingofpa
Send a message

Post by kingspadeshan
When I had my blackberry there was an app called Blackberry traffic that I used all the time. the main thing i liked about it is after i select the destination i was traveling to I could send a text to whomever I wanted to let them know "i'm on my way home, eta 35 minutes" or something like that. I thought this was a great feature. That way if for some reason i am not at my destination in that time frame then my wife or whomever i notify could text or call me to see if I was ok. There were other features i liked about the app. i suggest getting a few ideas from it.
kingspadeshan
Send a message

Post by kingsqueak
I'd like a feature where I could make a POI marker specific to a group.

Use case...I have a group I formed to spot Crazy Christmas Lights for people who like to drive around looking at them. I used Map Chat not realizing they just expire. The only other way I see to leave more permanent markers would be to mark them as road hazards maybe...

It would be neat to be able to tag a POI with a description and further, tag that POI specific to a group.

This would allow for groups to be formed for various reasons and have their own set of POIs that are realized when people sign up for the group. Examples "4 Star Dining" with a set of POIs that are the local foodie joints. Surf Spots with of course the local surf spots etc etc.

It could basically be a check-in specific to Waze with the option of the check-in being done from 'within' a group context. So you would create the POI and it would in turn have an association with a group. This would also work to cut down clutter from possibly unvetted or obscure entries if you required the POI generation to be associated with a group interest category.

If you extend on this concept, you could possibly have a way to save full routes as well, specific to a group membership as well. "Scenic Motorcycle Routes in NJ" (yes, go ahead and snicker) where membership would bring up a selection of routes to then click and follow in navigation.
kingsqueak
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
WME _REALLY_ needs the ability to add some custom text or note to a UR that gets closed.

I feel like an idiot closing URs where I cannot say I fixed the 'Incorrect Routing' report of a user, especially if I know Waze routed him/her OFF of the main route due to slow traffic at an intersection or segment somewhere ahead on the road they were following.

At least then I can indicate briefly why it is 'Not Identified', as this is not a map problem. I can also then suggest as part of the UR 'fix report' that the user gets, that he / she maybe should try to follow the Waze suggested route next time, as that would likely have saved them lots of time and frustration.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
crazycomputingdotnet wrote: There is a third option being worked on now, with the possiblility of a two way communication in the future.
Could this 3rd option **please** include the ability to get a message through to other editors / AMs that never bother checking, let alone registering, on the forums ? ;)

Trying to send a PM to someone that never logged on is a definite no-no.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
I personally think that fixed speed cams or red light cams should be reported as a map issue instead of someone just randomly 'plugging' cameras that need to be confirmed all over the map with the Report Cam feature.

When I started using Waze, I thought that the 'Report Camera' function WAS actually for reporting a temporary speed cam, and not a fixed one. I think that many new Wazers also make the same assumption.

The 'Report Camera' should be to indicate cops out manning a temporary camera and the current 'Report Police' should be just that. Police that is visible due to duties / random checks or roadblocks that they are manning.

If no-one else agrees with the map issue option, either the report Camera option should include a 'Temporary Cam' option, or the Report Police should get a third selection of Speed Enforcement or whatever other elegant description in addition to just the hidden / visible option.

As I am not in the drug-running or gun-smuggling business, I don't really care if cops are reported so would not try to avoid that area ;) Them being in plain sight or jumping out behind a bush/tree/wall would make no big difference to me.
I do however have lead in my shoes, so my foot tends to be heavy ...
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius