Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by somburan
First of all...thank you for this extremely useful apps. What a great idea!!

1. Find parking near by (with full/not full status will be nice...but how?)
2. Best gas price/Best food along the way.
3. Check major events at destination or along the way that may impact traffic.
4. Preplan trip with preset preferred ETA. Also notify (email) if anything (traffic jam, events, weather) that may impact ETA.
5. Store traffic history on server, and use 5 days traffic pattern (or 3 weekends for Sat/Sun...since weekend traffic may be different than workday traffic) to calculate route/time

Keep up your good work!!

Cheers.....Som
somburan
Send a message

Post by somburan
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
somburan wrote:4. Preplan trip with preset preferred ETA. Also notify (email) if anything (traffic jam, events, weather) that may impact ETA.
For the underlined part only, you do get a popup alert, but no email notification when ETA is affected by new traffic conditions. It would be a nice feature to enable 'autosend of ETA change if >x minutes"
Thank you for your prompt answer and sorry I didn't make it clear. I mean an email alert even before I take off so that I know I may need to depart earlier than schedule to cope with the traffic. :-)

Cheers.....Som
somburan
Send a message

Post by Sophysdad
A couple ideas:

- a simple compass on the map screen showing north. This would greatly enhance situational awareness.
- multi-point routing.
- put the street number back on the screen when approaching your destination. It was there prior to version 3 and is sorely missed!
Sophysdad
Send a message
Verizon Droid X
Android 2.3.4

Post by sorens
toggeli wrote:I'd like to see
- POIs as in other GPS-apps (show on map, import, export, custom POI's etc)
[...]

Thomas
If you do this, app will be on par with any other paid app on the market.

For now you can save the position and address/destination but it is not as straight-forward as it should be. Plus you cannot manipulate your own POI.

I would also like to be able to select only the notifications on the route. This is huge.

In settings you should be able to select toll/free hwy (allow/avoid hwy is not good enough).

All the above features are strictly related to navigation, any other feature (like gas prices, etc) are side features which can be implemented later (maybe through plug-ins).
sorens
Send a message

Post by spamworthy
I'd like to be able to pick a destination off a map, rather than entering the address, and also to add a favourite place with a 'where i am now' button. Also displaying the local speed limit would be really useful!

Otherwise, spectacular app! I love it! Good work!
spamworthy
Send a message

Post by ssabre
Some ideas, hope to be clear:
1. To add some landmark types like residential building.
2. Create an "Status" on road already in the map in order to show temporal closing (construction).
3. In iPad app, because of the size of screen, include shortcut bottoms to make "one-touch" reports. This is more than convenient, safe for drivers.
4. Improve Facebook login. Once you authorize connection, do auto login without pass again through Facebook site.
5. Create a new type of camera report like "Police Mobile Radar Spot". These are, like accidents, useful but temporal. Maps are stuffed with fake camera reports.
6. Do not permit to submit "General error report" without addition description.
7. Create an "Add current location" option to record personal destinations in the navigation menu.
8. automatic Power off option to avoid battery draining when location does not change during x minutes.
9. On Editor and navigation maps, add a property that mark a segment (A or B) as Dead End road, instead of using the tricky workaround of editing manual.
10.While you are stopped, user reports start to blink in the screen.. Why do not use "tails" or callouts for popup messages to indicate the exact place in the map of the highlighted one?
ssabre
Send a message

Post by Sticks221
mercedesE63 wrote: Also I'd like to see a button for a quick flip to a panned back version of the map oriented N to S that has highways/streets color coded according to their flow/traffic level. Kind of like you have now, but it's so zoomed in and it's hard to zoom out and maintain orientation while driving. It helps me to make decisions earlier whether or not to take certain routes.
Have a look at this suggestion on uservoice - http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223- ... bar-to-map

I think it's a brilliant idea and could solve your problem - it would definitely be a massive plus for my commute! :D
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Isn't that the entire point of Waze's automated traffic avoidance based on segment traffic based on current conditions and historical data?
Trouble is that if conditions change whilst driving, the impact isn't always clear from the popups so the driver will often miss the decision to reroute - this bar would make blatantly clear the conditions ahead at any point, regardless of when they change.
Sticks221
Send a message
iPhone 5c • iOS 8.1.0 • Waze 3.9.1
Area Manager for Gravesham & Swale (Kent,UK)

Post by SuperHeats
Not sure if has been brought up or not. I just started using this app and don't like the fact that I can't use my own speech synthesis engine. I prefer a female voice and the speech engine built into the app sounds too robotic. It resembles Pico that came pre-installed on my phone.
SuperHeats
Send a message

Post by supernovareborn
A couple of thoughts:

1. A "landmark" that shows up in the map editor, but not in the client and has it's own layer. To leave notes to other editors or reminders to ourselves.

2. A way to indicate that a road is divided (a barrier, etc.) to the routing without having to draw in every driveway (I'm not talking about the black lines from the old editor. this should be a road property not something visible without a addon-script). There are tons of roads that don't meet the criteria for division, but behave as divided highways in a routing sense (If GPS point A is on the right side of the road, the routing engine should be sure to route in from the right).

3. **already been beaten to death, but... U-turn control at junctions. Have it be the same as a the toll option (check box, option to avoid), assign some penalty in routing. Seems doable from a layman's perspective(I'm no programmer and getting my computer to say "hello world" is probably outta my grasp, so this may be way more complex that I can even imagine).

My 2 cents.
supernovareborn
Send a message
Framingham, Natick, Sudbury and surrounding areas

Post by Tasel
It is kinda of annoying, that Waze doesn't auto-stop reporting, or have a "run but don't report" feature. I understand that it might hurt if a lot of people started using it all the time, but for those that bike, are checking the traffic before they get off the train, or even as simple as checking the traffic at home before heading out, it just messes up the traffic for everyone else.

I was checking something on in Waze when I got home, and it alerted me that traffic was at a standstill on my road. My road is only a 1/8 of a mile but since I got home and parked, and there was another Waze user on the map, also (I assume) at home and parked, it reported a traffic of 0 miles an hour... on a road where I can see both ends of the street. I'm assuming when I arrive at my work, or a restaurant or something similar, it's doing the same thing, unless I make a point of telling Waze to turn off. Which, I have to admit being new to the Waze system, is not something that's ingrained into my pattern yet. This means every time I arrive at a destination (some I've told Waze I'm heading to, others i just stop at), it's reporting that the road i'm on has just come to a complete standstill. Not good.

I often use Waze now to check on traffic conditions or just see the different settings (just figured out I can do 3d instead of 2D, hey I've only been using it a week!)... so perhaps I'm missing something, but from this thread it appears that this feature might be a rather large whole in the auto-crowd sourcing nature of the app. If I'm wrong and there's some auto feature built in that I'm missing, I'd like to be told. I've tried to do my research before posting, but hadn't found anything that allows me to activate/use Waze without it reporting back.
Tasel
Send a message