Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby Appesteijn » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:02 am

I would like to see a button 'I'm out of fuel!', that you can press when the fuel light in your car has just sprung to life. Waze then calculates a route to the cheapest gas-station, but without diverging too much from your current route.
Appesteijn

Abilities you'd like to see

Postby fvwazing » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:19 am

How is that different from "add stop/category/gasstation"? It would also imply a "I am hungry"-button as a shortcut to "add stop/category/fast food".
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby bluepawel » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Is there an option like "prefer freeway/major highways" planned in the future? This can be very helpful for wazers who can't take smaller streets, because they're traveling in truck or with heavy trailer.
bluepawel

Postby floppyrod84 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:04 pm

That is the default behaviour...

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:34 pm

ryryryry87 wrote:how about a way to search for POI only on your route? My garmin had this feature and it was great (but the POI were very outdated sometimes!)

Add a Stop already does this, though it seems to concentrate on around where you are now and the destination, and not so much some of the interim locations. That feature just needs some adjusting, but in general it does appear to work.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:57 pm

bluepawel wrote:Is there an option like "prefer freeway/major highways" planned in the future? This can be very helpful for wazers who can't take smaller streets, because they're traveling in truck or with heavy trailer.
xteejx wrote:That is the default behaviour...

The option would have to be to avoid anything that's not a highway. Unfortunately, truck routes do sometimes hit residential streets, so a simple avoidance or preference wouldn't guarantee a good route for truckers. This also doesn't really fit into the target audience for Waze, which is driving commuters.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:28 pm

jasonh300 wrote:
bluepawel wrote:Is there an option like "prefer freeway/major highways" planned in the future? This can be very helpful for wazers who can't take smaller streets, because they're traveling in truck or with heavy trailer.
xteejx wrote:That is the default behaviour...

The option would have to be to avoid anything that's not a highway. Unfortunately, truck routes do sometimes hit residential streets, so a simple avoidance or preference wouldn't guarantee a good route for truckers. This also doesn't really fit into the target audience for Waze, which is driving commuters.

It's been brought up several times... A truck mode/vehicle type in the client and a "No Trucks" flag that has to be implemented VERY specifically (with input from those Wazers with Class B CDL Licenses & Higher - it's not illegal/unsafe for trucks to use every street that has a "no trucks" sign)... Hopefully for the future...
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby floppyrod84 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:42 pm

Well the commuting market is the current plan, but long term, waze will have to broaden its horizons anyway, and that would definitely attract more users!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby mswit310 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:09 pm

I would love to have a shortcut key to enable/disable the "Avoid HIghways". I live near a highway, so it would be nice to check my route with & without highways, but without having to constantly navigate to the Navigation tab in settings to change the Avoid Highway feature.
mswit310

Postby davidmvia » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Would like to see a way to enter navigation addresses to favorites from a web browser on my PC. Basically "pre-loading" destinations using a large screen and keyboard before I leave on a trip.

Great app!!
davidmvia

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests