Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby randomact » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:01 pm

RallyChris wrote:Waze is beta testing a long term, remote report, web based interface in the world server right now. Give it time, and it should come over to the NA side also.

Ask, and ye shall recieve...

Good to hear, looking forward to it.
---->
RandomAct
Area Manager, Prince George, BC, Canada
randomact

Abilities you'd like to see

Postby rbthomp76 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:48 pm

I second AlienGC's suggestion. If notes were added to this point, it could be used for a wide range if things. (I'm thinking of notes to myself regarding map updates, but....).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rbthomp76

Postby rbthomp76 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:44 am

I would like to be able to see the status of the current map on the device app. Put it down in the settings somewhere, but it would nice to know the current map version without having to go to the website.
rbthomp76

Postby richhobo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Maybe a way to report cops that are rolling and not just "visible" or "hidden"
richhobo

Postby richhobo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Bozwell wrote:
richhobo wrote:Maybe a way to report cops that are rolling and not just "visible" or "hidden"

And 60 seconds after the report is made the cops are a mile away...

Very true, maybe a "cops patrolling" report? just thinking out loud
richhobo

Postby richhobo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Kuhlkatz wrote:I personally think that fixed speed cams or red light cams should be reported as a map issue instead of someone just randomly 'plugging' cameras that need to be confirmed all over the map with the Report Cam feature.

When I started using Waze, I thought that the 'Report Camera' function WAS actually for reporting a temporary speed cam, and not a fixed one. I think that many new Wazers also make the same assumption.

The 'Report Camera' should be to indicate cops out manning a temporary camera and the current 'Report Police' should be just that. Police that is visible due to duties / random checks or roadblocks that they are manning.

If no-one else agrees with the map issue option, either the report Camera option should include a 'Temporary Cam' option, or the Report Police should get a third selection of Speed Enforcement or whatever other elegant description in addition to just the hidden / visible option.

As I am not in the drug-running or gun-smuggling business, I don't really care if cops are reported so would not try to avoid that area ;) Them being in plain sight or jumping out behind a bush/tree/wall would make no big difference to me.
I do however have lead in my shoes, so my foot tends to be heavy ...

HaHa Kuhlkatz, I am not in the smuggling business either but I do have a heavy foot and would like some universal way for people to say "hey, there's a cop out patroling around this area.
richhobo

Postby richhobo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:31 pm

xteejx wrote:How about a "hey, don't drive like a dick" report? If people want to speed, why should you help them avoid a ticket? They're just the kind of idiot that could easily hit your car!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Umm wow that was uncalled for. There is already a cop report feature just wanted to expand on it. And I will drive like I want to with or without this app.
richhobo

Postby richhobo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:04 am

xteejx wrote:I'm just saying. Anyone needing to see the police icon or alert on waze is obviously a bad driver. Why else would anyone care unless they were speeding or driving without a licence, insurance or tax?
Too many idiots on the road these days, I'd hate to see waze being used to help those people who decide to flout the law.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Great point. I would like to see a police scanner built into waze. That would be great.
richhobo

Postby richhobo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:54 am

Sorry for bringing up a touchy subject. haha
People driving in the left lane (fast/pass lane) below the speed limit reallllllly realllllly piss me off. grrrr
richhobo

Postby richhobo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:44 pm

I have addresses saved in my contacts. It would be nice to be able to have as an option to select from contacts when trying to navigate.
richhobo

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests