Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby P252011 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:01 am

With my old “NAV” once I arrived at the location it would ask me if this was the correct location. Wouldn’t you Waze developers like to know if your product is working and when it’s not so you can improve it?
Today I asked it to take me to a location. When I “arrived” it not only wasn’t there but I had to drive 4 miles just to turn around. (and sit in traffic, AND wait for lights, AND DRIVE 4 MILES BACK!!)
P252011

Postby floppyrod84 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:32 am

First one. Second sounds bad. Like I said, this will be fixed by the time we get it.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby bozwell » Mon May 21, 2012 4:15 pm

And I thought I was a pedant ;)
bozwell

Postby tibble » Mon May 21, 2012 12:44 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
tweissin wrote:One thing that irks me every time I hear it is the incorrect grammar when it says

"drive safe"

I always follow up with "ly" in my head or out loud. It should be a simple fix... Just rerecord it.

Waze uses spoken-English phrases which are not technically dramatically correct, but are "normal" and in common use. "Take a right" instead of "turn right" is also used.

This shortening of "safely" and using "safe" as an adverb is exactly like saying "drive fast," "travel light," "run deep," "fall short," or "aim high" to name just a few phrases which are completely accepted, yet not completely dramatically correct. ("Feel bad" is correct but not "feel badly.")

I say we just not worry about it, and if Waze wants to re-record it or change the TTS phrase, they can.

The one that reaaaaally bugs me is "In half a mile, get ready to turn right", i'm turning in a half a mile, if i wait until then to get ready i'll miss the turn. It should be "In half a mile, turn right" or "Get ready to turn right in a half a mile"
tibble

Postby floppyrod84 » Sat May 19, 2012 10:17 am

Already done by me for UK English, waiting to be implemented. Don't recall seeing any change in the American wording though. Might have to pull Waze on it if you all think that it needs to be changed.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat May 19, 2012 4:48 am

tweissin wrote:One thing that irks me every time I hear it is the incorrect grammar when it says

"drive safe"

I always follow up with "ly" in my head or out loud. It should be a simple fix... Just rerecord it.

Waze uses spoken-English phrases which are not technically dramatically correct, but are "normal" and in common use. "Take a right" instead of "turn right" is also used.

This shortening of "safely" and using "safe" as an adverb is exactly like saying "drive fast," "travel light," "run deep," "fall short," or "aim high" to name just a few phrases which are completely accepted, yet not completely dramatically correct. ("Feel bad" is correct but not "feel badly.")

I say we just not worry about it, and if Waze wants to re-record it or change the TTS phrase, they can.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tweissin » Sat May 19, 2012 3:26 am

One thing that irks me every time I hear it is the incorrect grammar when it says

"drive safe"

tweissin

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri May 18, 2012 5:51 pm

somburan wrote:Thank you for your prompt answer and sorry I didn't make it clear. I mean an email alert even before I take off so that I know I may need to depart earlier than schedule to cope with the traffic. :-)

I realize now how I took part of what you wrote and totally changed it with my answer, and also confused some readers. :)

The Android is the only one which currently has the feature which allows you to see travel time based on time of day using a graph. There are future plans to integrate Waze into calendar/reminders of smartphones to alert you when you should leave in order to arrive at your destination by your specified arrival time.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby somburan » Fri May 18, 2012 5:02 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
somburan wrote:4. Preplan trip with preset preferred ETA. Also notify (email) if anything (traffic jam, events, weather) that may impact ETA.

For the underlined part only, you do get a popup alert, but no email notification when ETA is affected by new traffic conditions. It would be a nice feature to enable 'autosend of ETA change if >x minutes"

Thank you for your prompt answer and sorry I didn't make it clear. I mean an email alert even before I take off so that I know I may need to depart earlier than schedule to cope with the traffic. :-)

Cheers.....Som
somburan

Postby elkanito » Thu May 17, 2012 4:16 am

It would be great:

1) Multipoint routes

2) "Danger Zones". It would be usefull to mark some zones to avoid on a city, for example becasue they're dangerous. Obviously It need to be a personal setting, because what is dangerous for my wife is not for me or my daughter...

Claudio
elkanito

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests