Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby OldGnome » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:07 pm

davidmvia wrote:Would like to see a way to enter navigation addresses to favorites from a web browser on my PC. Basically "pre-loading" destinations using a large screen and keyboard before I leave on a trip.

I have been in the habit of loading favorites in my Contacts so that I can access them quickly. The only drawback to that method I have found is that the name is then ignored during and at the end of the navigation.
davidmvia wrote:Great app!!

I heartily agree.
OldGnome

Postby Harleyuki » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:43 pm

I'm at home listening to my radio scanner, hear of a head-on collisioforcing a are-routing of traffic. NHow van I put that info out to users?
Harleyuki

Postby Daknife » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Go for a drive, and get stuck in the jam. There is currently no method of injecting such data into the system without driving through the location.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby floppyrod84 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Never likely to be either due to possible abuse issues.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby danorsong » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:06 pm

I would like the ability to lock a route and to manually stop the recalculating function.

I recently drove from PA to NC and there are several dead zones in the cell service. If you happen to pull over to get gas or use the facilities, the program will reboot you from your new origin point.... which is great, unless it's in one of the dead zones. I do a lot of rural driving, to see friends, to see clients and it is very helpful to me to have a program that I can plan from the beginning of the trip, and then lock so that if I stop I can get back with out driving blind. The turn by turn did help on the secondary screen.

I have to say, I'm very new to the program and there are a ton of great aspects. I look forward to using it more.
Attachments
waze.jpg
waze.jpg (70.75 KiB) Viewed 450 times
danorsong

Abilities you'd like to see

Postby fvwazing » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Yes, dropping networkconnection causes the map to reload incomplete, and if you subsequently enter the white zone the wazeclient will start a recalculation. If you still are without connection to the routingserver the client will calculate a route based on the fragments of the map that are in memory and without actual trafficinformation. Such routes are always suboptimal... You can avoid white spots in your map by zooming in and moving the map around. All mapdata is then stored in memory and available when you enter a zone without reception.

If you do have a networkconnection and waze starts recalculation of a route (maybe because you left the planned route or because a road is not drawn precise enough in the map) the new route will always be the fastest based on your current location. If you calculate 3 alternatives you will see that the new route is always the #1 on the list. If you selected a different alternative the 1st time, that route is forgotten and history after a recalc.

A better solution would be to (let the client itself) calculate a short deviation to bring you back to the previous selected route. You are guided around the roadblock ahead of you but you keep the general direction of your route then. Alas, we have not heard that Waze is considering such an option.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby bez825 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:02 pm

This is a simple one, probably asked, but can you put the road your on at the bottom of your screen?
bez825

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:41 pm

bez513 wrote:This is a simple one, probably asked, but can you put the road your on at the bottom of your screen?

In landscape mode, this would become problematic. Add in the nav bar and the destination bar and you've got like 10% space left for seeing the actual map.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby clmill79 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:00 pm

It would be nice to see where my destination actually is at the end of my trips. Such as "destination on left/right", both by label and voice command.

Being in a city, I often run into places I've never been before, and subsequently pass by on accident because I didn't know which side of the street it was on or what lane I should be in

Any thoughts already to adding this function in a future update?
clmill79

Postby patdailey » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:53 pm

I would like to be able to designate my current location as a favorite without entering an address.
patdailey

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests