Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby elkanito » Tue May 29, 2012 5:49 pm

It happens that when I'm driving and I report a mistake on the map... Then, later, I arrive my home and I want to update this mistake (If I reported that mistake, I would have the knowledge to fix it). Ussually, I found it and fix it, but sometimes I forget where the report was.

I think that would be usefull if we can find all the reports addressed by ourselves, looking to fix them

Claudio Catanzaro
elkanito

Postby elkanito » Thu May 17, 2012 4:16 am

It would be great:

1) Multipoint routes

2) "Danger Zones". It would be usefull to mark some zones to avoid on a city, for example becasue they're dangerous. Obviously It need to be a personal setting, because what is dangerous for my wife is not for me or my daughter...

Claudio
elkanito

Postby elkanito » Tue May 08, 2012 3:56 am

I would like to ask for routes with partial destinations. It would be usefull if I want to go for 2 or 3 places, but also to "force" waze to make certain routes... (take some highway, or an alternative avenue that we know is a better option). Obviusly It would be better if we can ask the partial destinations sorted in some order.

Another big improvement, that I know would be difficult but really great, would be If Waze can remember the average speed of a road to calculates routes. If Waze already remember the average speed... It would amazing remember the average speed discrimated by days, or even better by days and hours...

I must say that is a great application that makes my live easy!!!
elkanito

Postby eidauk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:12 pm

I'd like to see which side of the road a report flag is on. For example, I'll notice a hazard flag on waze up ahead, but I can't tell if it's for the direction I'm going or for the oncoming traffic. The simple solution would be to tilt the flags. Flags for my direction would be tilted to my side of the road and flags for the oncoming traffic would be tilted toward their side of the road.

I'd also like the ability to track with north up.

Also, a function to display gas stations based on how close they are to me.

Thanks for considering these. I love Waze.
eidauk

Postby egenerose » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:22 pm

I would like to see ability to post Hazard or Police for opposite direction. This would help other Wazers out and make this app even better.
egenerose

Re: Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:15 am

dwendlinger wrote:A "Add here" for a new favorite would be cool too...
This would allow Waze to drive me to places that have no postal address, or to the exact place I want to drive (eg company parking, 50m away from postal address...)

Long press on that location for a contextual pop-up!
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby dioptrija » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:53 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:
dioptrija wrote:I suppose that traffic jam is reported automatically by waze because I'm the only one using it at the time.

Yes, Waze automatically generates ALL traffic jam reports. When a user reports a jam, it really just tells Waze to look closely at the situation and be ready to declare a traffic jam. A report alone will NOT create a traffic jam.

So as long as people in cars have at sometime driven on the road you are cycling on, you will create a traffic jam and pollute the historical average speeds simply by riding through.

As much as I like Waze and as much as I like my bike, I never mix the two for these reasons ;)

at least I'm not polluting environment :twisted:
OK, not using waze with bike any more 8-)
dioptrija

Postby dioptrija » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:52 pm

I suppose that traffic jam is reported automatically by waze because I'm the only one using it at the time.
dioptrija

Postby dioptrija » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Ability to chose what kind of transportation is used when using waze. For example, if I use bicycle waze will not alert everybody around me about traffic jam on my route. :oops: :mrgreen:
dioptrija

Postby davidmvia » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Would like to see a way to enter navigation addresses to favorites from a web browser on my PC. Basically "pre-loading" destinations using a large screen and keyboard before I leave on a trip.

Great app!!
davidmvia

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests