Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:35 am

Absolutely not. I already have a free app I can use to help find parking. No reason for Waze to develop more features that are already covered elsewhere.

The issue is not the existence if other apps that do that, but integration into waze. I don't want to have to switch apps, control the other app while driving etc. esp in the city the parking lot situation is unknown to me in many areas, so having to stop, bring up the other app at my destination, digest the output and then use that app's map ( or even to feed the results into waze one by one) would be a pain.esp if one lot offered us full and I have to do the same again...
sejtam

Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby SimonG04 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:44 am

Not sure if any of these have been covered yet but here goes:

1. Why doesn't waze show us other wazers who are traveling the same direction we are? is this to avoid some kind of waze race between users or something? i think it would be cool to see people who are traveling the same direction i am.

2. i know waze has the ability to "queue" up an action so when you drive by it you are ready to send it but what about all the times you only notice a hazard/police/etc after you drive by it? you go to send it but you are already half a mile away which is unfortunate. waze needs to give us the ability to send a report that is behind us (on the route we just traveled). give us the choice between 1/4mi, 1/2mi, and 1mile? that would be a great feature.

3. traffic reporting:
a. considering traffic is one of the biggest menaces known to drivers why does waze only give us the ability to report where it starts but not where it ends? im sure waze is looking at vehicle speed to determine this but it would be nice to report it for accuracy's sake, no?
b. also, if someone already reported traffic i think reporting it again (in the traffic zone) should be disallowed to make things cleaner.
c. does waze use google maps traffic data? it should in addition to its own. i find myself switching between the two apps because its a lot easier to see traffic on Google's map.

4. when clicking on a report on the map we can only confirm it - why cant we also reject it? the only way to reject a report is if it shows up on our map as we approach it? why not let us selectively confirm/deny reports when we see fit?

5. gas: is there a way to show gas prices as we drive by the stations? why do we have to be SO CLOSE to the station to enter it's price? give us all stations within 1/2mi by order of closeness when we press the button to make entering prices easier.

thats all i've come up with for now after using the app for a week. fun stuff! :)
SimonG04

Postby SimonG04 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:49 am

One of the best features of WAZE is the police reporting ability. Taking it out would hurt the app's usefulness significantly for most people.

So, what do you "regulars" thinkg of my suggestions? Are any of my ideas useful/original/worthy of discussion? 8-)

Generally speaking: how do new features/changes make their way into WAZE?
SimonG04

Postby slvr_dagger » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:45 pm

I haven't read through all 10 pages of suggestions so far to see if anyone else suggested this but I would like to be able to use the voice commands while driving to search for alternate destinations along my route. What I mean by this is I would begin my route from point A to point B. Along the way I get hungry or need some gas, so I would use a voice command.... "find restaurants"... "find gas stations". This would result in a simple at a glance list (in the case of gas stations sorted by price or distance depending on preference). Next voice command would be "Navigate to 1"... or 2, 3 or which ever list item you want to go to. Waze then re-routes you to your new destination.... point C. After you are done at C you simply tell Waze to resume previous navigation and it then routes you back to point B from where you are.
slvr_dagger

Postby somburan » Mon May 14, 2012 2:31 am

First of all...thank you for this extremely useful apps. What a great idea!!

1. Find parking near by (with full/not full status will be nice...but how?)
2. Best gas price/Best food along the way.
3. Check major events at destination or along the way that may impact traffic.
4. Preplan trip with preset preferred ETA. Also notify (email) if anything (traffic jam, events, weather) that may impact ETA.
5. Store traffic history on server, and use 5 days traffic pattern (or 3 weekends for Sat/Sun...since weekend traffic may be different than workday traffic) to calculate route/time

Keep up your good work!!

Cheers.....Som
somburan

Postby somburan » Fri May 18, 2012 5:02 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
somburan wrote:4. Preplan trip with preset preferred ETA. Also notify (email) if anything (traffic jam, events, weather) that may impact ETA.

For the underlined part only, you do get a popup alert, but no email notification when ETA is affected by new traffic conditions. It would be a nice feature to enable 'autosend of ETA change if >x minutes"

Thank you for your prompt answer and sorry I didn't make it clear. I mean an email alert even before I take off so that I know I may need to depart earlier than schedule to cope with the traffic. :-)

Cheers.....Som
somburan

Postby Sophysdad » Fri May 11, 2012 11:42 am

A couple ideas:

- a simple compass on the map screen showing north. This would greatly enhance situational awareness.
- multi-point routing.
- put the street number back on the screen when approaching your destination. It was there prior to version 3 and is sorely missed!
Verizon Droid X
Android 2.3.4
Sophysdad

Postby sorens » Thu May 03, 2012 4:19 am

toggeli wrote:I'd like to see
- POIs as in other GPS-apps (show on map, import, export, custom POI's etc)
[...]

Thomas

If you do this, app will be on par with any other paid app on the market.

For now you can save the position and address/destination but it is not as straight-forward as it should be. Plus you cannot manipulate your own POI.

I would also like to be able to select only the notifications on the route. This is huge.

In settings you should be able to select toll/free hwy (allow/avoid hwy is not good enough).

All the above features are strictly related to navigation, any other feature (like gas prices, etc) are side features which can be implemented later (maybe through plug-ins).
sorens

Postby spamworthy » Wed May 02, 2012 4:51 pm

I'd like to be able to pick a destination off a map, rather than entering the address, and also to add a favourite place with a 'where i am now' button. Also displaying the local speed limit would be really useful!

Otherwise, spectacular app! I love it! Good work!
spamworthy

Feature Request: Car stopped on the road

Postby Spazinbc » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:17 am

This is missing. Do all cars stop or move to the shoulder? Of course not. :|
Spazinbc

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests