Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby sorens » Thu May 03, 2012 4:19 am

toggeli wrote:I'd like to see
- POIs as in other GPS-apps (show on map, import, export, custom POI's etc)
[...]

Thomas

If you do this, app will be on par with any other paid app on the market.

For now you can save the position and address/destination but it is not as straight-forward as it should be. Plus you cannot manipulate your own POI.

I would also like to be able to select only the notifications on the route. This is huge.

In settings you should be able to select toll/free hwy (allow/avoid hwy is not good enough).

All the above features are strictly related to navigation, any other feature (like gas prices, etc) are side features which can be implemented later (maybe through plug-ins).
sorens

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed May 02, 2012 4:52 pm

spamworthy wrote:I'd like to be able to pick a destination off a map, rather than entering the address, and also to add a favourite place with a 'where i am now' button.

You can do this now.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby spamworthy » Wed May 02, 2012 4:51 pm

I'd like to be able to pick a destination off a map, rather than entering the address, and also to add a favourite place with a 'where i am now' button. Also displaying the local speed limit would be really useful!

Otherwise, spectacular app! I love it! Good work!
spamworthy

Postby gettingthere » Tue May 01, 2012 4:59 pm

You can always choose one of the alternative routes and look at the nav list before you start driving. Then if you don't like the way it is taking you pick another alternative route or re-set your route again.

Of course Waze is subject to re-route you when you are on-course to a faster route if/when traffic conditions change (assuming the traffic routing/re-routing is working as it should).

Obviously this is not very practical if you are trying to search for alternative routes when driving.
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue May 01, 2012 4:31 pm

rodsterb wrote:I'd like to see a text version of my route before I start off. Sort of turn by turn navigation so I can scroll through and see if this is the way I want to go or not. I like the feature that shows me in advance that I'm going to the right destination, I would just like to see how it is planning to take me before I start.

Waze's current features do kind of dance around that subject. It shows a graphical preview when you request alternate routes, and it gives you the nav list of the currently selected route, but not a nav list for the alternate/proposed route.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby rodsterb » Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 am

I'd like to see a text version of my route before I start off. Sort of turn by turn navigation so I can scroll through and see if this is the way I want to go or not. I like the feature that shows me in advance that I'm going to the right destination, I would just like to see how it is planning to take me before I start.
rodsterb

Postby bozwell » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:57 am

thumpersfoot wrote:I would like to be able to edit other peoples notifications. Sometimes people post that there are police officers or accidents but when I drive though they are cleared. It would be nice to delete them.

The down side of that would be a Police Officer could clear them when they are still there.
bozwell

Postby RallyChris » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:05 am

You can report not there, if you are travelling the same direction. Otherwise, you can only make comments.

People have already suspect that police are remove reports about themselves, so if it was allowed for anything anywhere, it could really be abused.
RallyChris

Postby GSRBRUH » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:01 am

I would like to be able to edit other peoples notifications. Sometimes people post that there are police officers or accidents but when I drive though they are cleared. It would be nice to delete them.

Also it would be nice to map out your own routes.
GSRBRUH

Postby RallyChris » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:32 pm

This is from a 3.x version point of view, but menu->settings->advanced->show on map

Traffic layer (color coded) = the automated reports that show current speed of segment.
Traffic jams = The reports from other wazers (manual, or prompted "are you in traffic")

Your 3rd option might be doable, but they have to make the names actually correct first :)
Their is a current issue with getting the wrong info attached to a wazer icon.

If they implement this, definitely would need to be an option, because if you are in a high wazer density area, you will have a hard time seeing the road without the labels. :)
RallyChris

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests