Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby floppyrod84 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Also, the answer was the first post on this very page, had he have looked the answer was there...
floppyrod84

Postby danohi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:12 am

I would like to see the ability to have an option to draft a map problem, saving until later when you're stopped someplace, and finishing the draft. Would be able to put more details into the map problem that you could not via a voice recording while driving.
danohi

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:26 am

danohi wrote:I would like to see the ability to have an option to draft a map problem, saving until later when you're stopped someplace, and finishing the draft. Would be able to put more details into the map problem that you could not via a voice recording while driving.

I've been leaving myself a reminder using voice commands (Siri on ios ) which I then use to later add a map problem from livemap. Then I or other editor can solve it.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.2.1 | Waze v4.2b
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bretmcvey » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
danohi wrote:I would like to see the ability to have an option to draft a map problem, saving until later when you're stopped someplace, and finishing the draft. Would be able to put more details into the map problem that you could not via a voice recording while driving.

I've been leaving myself a reminder using voice commands (Siri on ios ) which I then use to later add a map problem from livemap. Then I or other editor can solve it.

I don't have a version of iDevice that's yet running Siri, but it's if at a descriptive enough zoom level I'll just take a snapshot of the screen using iOS's Home and Sleep/Wake button to document what the map was showing me in case it was an error. Another alternate trick would be to establish keyboard shortcuts (only familiar with iOS, but assuming Android has an alternative). That way if you do hit the report button you can type in a special shortcode for yourself that would expand out a full relevant message, I presently use that for reporting incidents on the road.

In order though to make something like that map error draft useful, Waze might need to store the full start and stop data of a route of the reporter so at least that user could view their entire route with their path and possibly the Waze provided routing (might get too complex though as I personally tend to veer off course deliberately for scenic traveling).
US Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
Areas of Focus: The Plains Region (Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota and Missouri) as well as Wyoming

bretmcvey
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby danohi » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:03 am

Al,
Good suggestion! I'll try it.
danohi

Postby RoadRunner50 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:56 pm

1. POSTED SPEED LIMIT.....I would like to see the speed limit displayed for the road I am on.
2. SAVE ROUTES/LOCAL MAPS....I would like to simply save my route(s) and be able to fine tune them, and reverse them. And I would like to save my local maps offline so when the network connection is spotty I can more quickly get going.
3. VIEW COMPLETE ROUTE.....I would like to easily view my complete route on the screen, along with alternative routes without having to zoom out by swiping my screen.
4. NOTIFICATIONS ALONG MY ROUTE ONLY PLEASE....I only want to view pop up notifications which are on my route ahead, not for miles around me.
5. GAS STATIONS AHEAD ON MY ROUTE....when looking for gas I am primarily interesed in stations along my route ahead, and I want to filter for my favorite brands. And make their complete
6. MILE MARKERS ON INTERSTATES....I want to know my location based on the mile marker so when I need to call for help I can report where I am in a way they will understand.
7. CACHE REPORTS UNTIL NETWORK IS AVAILBALE.....when I try to report items and the network is not available, store them until it become available then submit them, don't just tell me the network is not available How silly...otherwise the report does nobody any good!
RoadRunner50

Postby mchaves » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:24 am

Most important first:

1. Faster traffic jam identification - currently it takes too much time for Waze to ask me if there is a problem when I'm driving very slowly in a usually fast road segment. It seems that several bumper to bumper situations are not recognized at all.
2. Cache reports until network is available - if I "try again later" to report something, I'll be far from that event.
3. Fix the "uh-oh" errors when entering valid gas prices.
4. Mute Waze when I receive a call.
5. Notifications on my route only.
mchaves

Postby kingsqueak » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:01 pm

I'd like a feature where I could make a POI marker specific to a group.

Use case...I have a group I formed to spot Crazy Christmas Lights for people who like to drive around looking at them. I used Map Chat not realizing they just expire. The only other way I see to leave more permanent markers would be to mark them as road hazards maybe...

It would be neat to be able to tag a POI with a description and further, tag that POI specific to a group.

This would allow for groups to be formed for various reasons and have their own set of POIs that are realized when people sign up for the group. Examples "4 Star Dining" with a set of POIs that are the local foodie joints. Surf Spots with of course the local surf spots etc etc.

It could basically be a check-in specific to Waze with the option of the check-in being done from 'within' a group context. So you would create the POI and it would in turn have an association with a group. This would also work to cut down clutter from possibly unvetted or obscure entries if you required the POI generation to be associated with a group interest category.

If you extend on this concept, you could possibly have a way to save full routes as well, specific to a group membership as well. "Scenic Motorcycle Routes in NJ" (yes, go ahead and snicker) where membership would bring up a selection of routes to then click and follow in navigation.
kingsqueak

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Automatically offer to find parking facilities near my destination, show them, show rates, free lots, where available reserve a lot etc (latter might need some API to tools that can fetch those infos in realtime). Remember preferred parking lots etc

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
sejtam

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Some mark this spot/time for my own later action feature.. So that I can be automatically reminded of (by email )

use case: when I drive along and want to remember to look up something I saw there.
Our maybe I want to be reminded of a nap issue to report there..

A voice memo feature tied to that location would be nice.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
sejtam

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests