Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby OldGnome » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:38 pm

sejtam wrote:Automatically offer to find parking facilities near my destination, show them, show rates, free lots, where available reserve a lot etc (latter might need some API to tools that can fetch those infos in realtime). Remember preferred parking lots etc

Absolutely not. I already have a free app I can use to help find parking. No reason for Waze to develop more features that are already covered elsewhere.
sejtam wrote:Some mark this spot/time for my own later action feature.. So that I can be automatically reminded of (by email )

use case: when I drive along and want to remember to look up something I saw there.
Our maybe I want to be reminded of a nap issue to report there..

You can tap and hold to save any location. You can already report a map issue.
OldGnome

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:42 pm

The ability to mark (on the map editor) bus lanes and their hours, so that waze can somehow mark them when they are active (we have some that are all day and strictly enforced, without even being allowed to quickly drop someone on the roadside, and some that are peak hours only)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
sejtam

Postby OldGnome » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:44 pm

sejtam wrote:The ability to mark (on the map editor) bus lanes and their hours, so that waze can somehow mark them when they are active (we have some that are all day and strictly enforced, without even being allowed to quickly drop someone on the roadside, and some that are peak hours only)

There are a number of threads already on time-of-day restrictions. In short, they are not possible....at least, not yet. I don't know if that functionality is planned.
OldGnome

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:46 pm

I know I can tap and hold.but doing so while driving and then having to enter info on why I did that ( with details) is hard and potentially unsafe, plus I may forget about it later. A quick button that malls the spot, allows me to record a voice note and then later emails me the note with location link etc would be nice.it could group them by trip..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
sejtam

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:29 pm

OldGnome wrote:
sejtam wrote:Automatically offer to find parking facilities near my destination, show them, show rates, free lots, where available reserve a lot etc (latter might need some API to tools that can fetch those infos in realtime). Remember preferred parking lots etc

Absolutely not. I already have a free app I can use to help find parking. No reason for Waze to develop more features that are already covered elsewhere.

Actually, Waze already has "parking lot" as a category search feature, and they've been open that finding parking is on their roadmap already. Although, that may be changing, but we're not sure. They posted a blog recently about Robin having parking features and you can use Waze to navigate. Though they still may be working to access that kind of data internally instead of relying on another app.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:52 pm

OldGnome wrote:There are a number of threads already on time-of-day restrictions. In short, they are not possible....at least, not yet. I don't know if that functionality is planned.

Waze has indicated that the functionality is planned. ETA as always is the ever vague - soon.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.3.0.1
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pjlasl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:16 am

Speed limits...a lot of in town "traffic jams" could be suppressed if waze knew that 30mph was the speed limit and it not display that there is heavy traffic going 27mph
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby pjlasl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:18 am

Multi stop set ups, instead of just a single in route stop.
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:54 am

pjlasl wrote:Speed limits...a lot of in town "traffic jams" could be suppressed if waze knew that 30mph was the speed limit and it not display that there is heavy traffic going 27mph

Once you have a significant number of Wazers in town, that will happen automatically. If the traffic is flowing at 27 and showing a jam, it's because there's not enough speed data yet.

That sort of thing stopped in my area once there was about 50 Wazers showing during rush hour every day.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pjlasl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:03 am

jasonh300 wrote:
pjlasl wrote:Speed limits...a lot of in town "traffic jams" could be suppressed if waze knew that 30mph was the speed limit and it not display that there is heavy traffic going 27mph

Once you have a significant number of Wazers in town, that will happen automatically. If the traffic is flowing at 27 and showing a jam, it's because there's not enough speed data yet.

That sort of thing stopped in my area once there was about 50 Wazers showing during rush hour every day.

Via my iPhone 3GS.

Thx for the info
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests