Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby weeezer14 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:21 am

pjlasl wrote:Speed limits...a lot of in town "traffic jams" could be suppressed if waze knew that 30mph was the speed limit and it not display that there is heavy traffic going 27mph

Also, if the speed limit is 30 mph and Waze is showing a jam at 27 mph, that means that the limited data Waze does have says people totally disregard the speed limit there and go faster than 30 ;)

(Or the road has no data and the road type has a default speed of faster than 30 mph. Probably as or even more likely, but less humorous than my speeding comment :D )
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Re: Re: Abilities you'd like to see

Postby sejtam » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:35 am

Absolutely not. I already have a free app I can use to help find parking. No reason for Waze to develop more features that are already covered elsewhere.

The issue is not the existence if other apps that do that, but integration into waze. I don't want to have to switch apps, control the other app while driving etc. esp in the city the parking lot situation is unknown to me in many areas, so having to stop, bring up the other app at my destination, digest the output and then use that app's map ( or even to feed the results into waze one by one) would be a pain.esp if one lot offered us full and I have to do the same again...
sejtam

Postby golum1630 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:56 am

A "Add here" for a new favorite would be cool too...
This would allow Waze to drive me to places that have no postal address, or to the exact place I want to drive (eg company parking, 50m away from postal address...)
golum1630

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:15 am

dwendlinger wrote:A "Add here" for a new favorite would be cool too...
This would allow Waze to drive me to places that have no postal address, or to the exact place I want to drive (eg company parking, 50m away from postal address...)

Long press on that location for a contextual pop-up!
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ
OnePlus One • Android 6.0.1
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby OldGnome » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:51 pm

sejtam wrote:
Absolutely not. I already have a free app I can use to help find parking. No reason for Waze to develop more features that are already covered elsewhere.

The issue is not the existence if other apps that do that, but integration into waze.

That is the crux of why you and I disagree here. I don't want other features integrated into Waze that can be handled by other applications. When I set out, I always have my parking app lined up and waiting. By the time I am looking for a parking space, I'm not relying on Waze to guide me to my destination.
OldGnome

Postby ssabre » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:50 am

Some ideas, hope to be clear:
1. To add some landmark types like residential building.
2. Create an "Status" on road already in the map in order to show temporal closing (construction).
3. In iPad app, because of the size of screen, include shortcut bottoms to make "one-touch" reports. This is more than convenient, safe for drivers.
4. Improve Facebook login. Once you authorize connection, do auto login without pass again through Facebook site.
5. Create a new type of camera report like "Police Mobile Radar Spot". These are, like accidents, useful but temporal. Maps are stuffed with fake camera reports.
6. Do not permit to submit "General error report" without addition description.
7. Create an "Add current location" option to record personal destinations in the navigation menu.
8. automatic Power off option to avoid battery draining when location does not change during x minutes.
9. On Editor and navigation maps, add a property that mark a segment (A or B) as Dead End road, instead of using the tricky workaround of editing manual.
10.While you are stopped, user reports start to blink in the screen.. Why do not use "tails" or callouts for popup messages to indicate the exact place in the map of the highlighted one?
ssabre

Postby Daknife » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:42 am

No more landmark types, we are trying to get Waze to pare down the list substantially. Too many landmarks just turns into a blob of solid landmark that is no better than no landmarks, in fact it's worse because now you have all the place names floating around in the blob with no set reference point as to where they are.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby mssusa » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:59 am

But is it going to be always this way? Do they have any plans "soon" tm to turn those blobs into icons? Offer to turn them on/off as a layer in the client? Anything?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby danohi » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:00 pm

During Navigation when you arrive at a destination, it displays or speaks the address. Right now it just says, "arriving at destination". Doesn't help looking for a house number at night.
danohi

Postby Scorp42 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:56 am

I'd like to see a way that editor can make notes to themselves in the client, that other editors can't "solve" for us.

I commonly leave myself UR's with wrong and corrected road names and such. by the time I get home, I occasionally see them "solved" or closed, without the change being made. (Or being made incorrectly, as they don't understand the shorthand note I wrote to myself.

Being able to edit the map from an iPad or tablet would be nice, but I think that's aiming WAY too high currently.
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998
Scorp42

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests