Abilities you'd like to see

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Postby pjlasl » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:13 pm

On unidentied errors it would be nice to be able to place a note when closing like "user cut through parking lot, not error."

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby pjlasl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:03 am

jasonh300 wrote:
pjlasl wrote:Speed limits...a lot of in town "traffic jams" could be suppressed if waze knew that 30mph was the speed limit and it not display that there is heavy traffic going 27mph

Once you have a significant number of Wazers in town, that will happen automatically. If the traffic is flowing at 27 and showing a jam, it's because there's not enough speed data yet.

That sort of thing stopped in my area once there was about 50 Wazers showing during rush hour every day.

Via my iPhone 3GS.

Thx for the info
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:54 am

pjlasl wrote:Speed limits...a lot of in town "traffic jams" could be suppressed if waze knew that 30mph was the speed limit and it not display that there is heavy traffic going 27mph

Once you have a significant number of Wazers in town, that will happen automatically. If the traffic is flowing at 27 and showing a jam, it's because there's not enough speed data yet.

That sort of thing stopped in my area once there was about 50 Wazers showing during rush hour every day.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300

Postby pjlasl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:18 am

Multi stop set ups, instead of just a single in route stop.
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby pjlasl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:16 am

Speed limits...a lot of in town "traffic jams" could be suppressed if waze knew that 30mph was the speed limit and it not display that there is heavy traffic going 27mph
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby bretmcvey » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
danohi wrote:I would like to see the ability to have an option to draft a map problem, saving until later when you're stopped someplace, and finishing the draft. Would be able to put more details into the map problem that you could not via a voice recording while driving.

I've been leaving myself a reminder using voice commands (Siri on ios ) which I then use to later add a map problem from livemap. Then I or other editor can solve it.

I don't have a version of iDevice that's yet running Siri, but it's if at a descriptive enough zoom level I'll just take a snapshot of the screen using iOS's Home and Sleep/Wake button to document what the map was showing me in case it was an error. Another alternate trick would be to establish keyboard shortcuts (only familiar with iOS, but assuming Android has an alternative). That way if you do hit the report button you can type in a special shortcode for yourself that would expand out a full relevant message, I presently use that for reporting incidents on the road.

In order though to make something like that map error draft useful, Waze might need to store the full start and stop data of a route of the reporter so at least that user could view their entire route with their path and possibly the Waze provided routing (might get too complex though as I personally tend to veer off course deliberately for scenic traveling).
bretmcvey
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:26 am

danohi wrote:I would like to see the ability to have an option to draft a map problem, saving until later when you're stopped someplace, and finishing the draft. Would be able to put more details into the map problem that you could not via a voice recording while driving.

I've been leaving myself a reminder using voice commands (Siri on ios ) which I then use to later add a map problem from livemap. Then I or other editor can solve it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:01 am

Jarpee28 wrote:I would like to see the ability to add favorites just based on your location at that time. So you don't have to put in an address.

I guess two threads is better than one? nope. The answer is still the same though.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fvwazing » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Yes, dropping networkconnection causes the map to reload incomplete, and if you subsequently enter the white zone the wazeclient will start a recalculation. If you still are without connection to the routingserver the client will calculate a route based on the fragments of the map that are in memory and without actual trafficinformation. Such routes are always suboptimal... You can avoid white spots in your map by zooming in and moving the map around. All mapdata is then stored in memory and available when you enter a zone without reception.

If you do have a networkconnection and waze starts recalculation of a route (maybe because you left the planned route or because a road is not drawn precise enough in the map) the new route will always be the fastest based on your current location. If you calculate 3 alternatives you will see that the new route is always the #1 on the list. If you selected a different alternative the 1st time, that route is forgotten and history after a recalc.

A better solution would be to (let the client itself) calculate a short deviation to bring you back to the previous selected route. You are guided around the roadblock ahead of you but you keep the general direction of your route then. Alas, we have not heard that Waze is considering such an option.
fvwazing

Postby fvwazing » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:19 am

How is that different from "add stop/category/gasstation"? It would also imply a "I am hungry"-button as a shortcut to "add stop/category/fast food".
fvwazing

PreviousNext

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests