If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Make Waze more useful

Post by Devi42
I wish that when I turned Waze on, it would guess where I'm going Work<==>Home on weekday mornings/evenings as it does, but simply report whether there are any incidents along my favorite route and above all STOP trying to give me navigation directions on how to drive to work/home! It might be nice if you could name your favorite and alternative routes, so when you turn it on, it could say, "There is an accident/traffic on your favored route, estimated time to arrival is currently X." and maybe, "Alternate route Y suggested."
Devi42

POSTER_ID:3778653

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze does not store a "favorite route" but only favorite destinations. There is not yet a concept of stored or favorite routes, so it cannot name an alternate. When you start up Waze, the route it selects is supposed to be the fasted based on current road/traffic conditions.

It never suggests "Work" on the weekend for me, but instead the electronics store or the coffee shop or the hardware store. On certain evenings, it suggests a regular location different from all the above.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by gettingthere
Devi42 wrote:I wish that when I turned Waze on, it would guess where I'm going Work<==>Home on weekday mornings/evenings as it does, but simply report whether there are any incidents along my favorite route and above all STOP trying to give me navigation directions on how to drive to work/home! It might be nice if you could name your favorite and alternative routes, so when you turn it on, it could say, "There is an accident/traffic on your favored route, estimated time to arrival is currently X." and maybe, "Alternate route Y suggested."
There are other applications that will do what you want and not provide turn by turn navigation. Check out the Inrix Traffic or Sigalert applications (depending on your location and whether these provides offer service in your area). The functions to store your preferred routes are not free, you need to pay for that service.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico