Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

3 easy to do ideas inc. read allowed and north arrow

Post by AndresUKlpa
1 - label the new thread image so I can read this forum from gprs and no need to wait for images to load

2 - read out other peoples warnings while driving using the good voice library. too many people are reading or glancing at the screen while driving - how often do people have a copilot?

3 - only show problems on route or close to the route

some more ideas:

- disable the map to save battery. personally I turn the screen off to save battery and avoid distraction s anyway. have warnings come up so we can focus on what waze is rather than trying to reinvent the wheel as another gps.. this is optional of course

- always facing north would be nice. when I zoom in and out I get disorientated as to which way is north. need north arrow too

hope these things help
AndresUKlpa

POSTER_ID:7232314

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gordonski wrote:
Timbones wrote: There's a setting to always show the compass. Tap it to lock North to upwards.
Really? Where can I find that setting?

Gordonski
As Timbones wrote, tap the arrow onscreen and it will switch to North up. It doesn't lock it for very long.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
Are you reading the forum on your phone by going to your internet on phone and opening this site?

Have you tried Tapatalk? It's not free, don't remember how much I paid for it, but I have 3 forums I read that use the the Tapatalk and I love it!! So much easier to read on phone I think, it's just the links to maps that when you click on it, it takes you out of Tapatalk and to the internet to view. No big deal, I usually just mark that thread and read it when I'm at the computer then. Look into it on your app store, I think it's worth it. I had a free version on my Droid first, can read posts but not add or submit a post. Paid version gives you everything.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by fvbommel
gordonski wrote:So, then there is no setting to always show the compass, correct?
The compass only appears when I tap the screen but disappears after a while.
There is: "Display map controls on tap" (in the map settings). Disable it to show them all the time.
fvbommel
Send a message

Post by gordonski
Timbones wrote: There's a setting to always show the compass. Tap it to lock North to upwards.

Gordonski
gordonski
Send a message
No stop signs, speed limitdownload/file.php?id=44782Nobody's gonna slow me down!
Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte

Post by gordonski
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
gordonski wrote:

Gordonski
As Timbones wrote, tap the arrow onscreen and it will switch to North up. It doesn't lock it for very long.
So, then there is no setting to always show the compass, correct?
The compass only appears when I tap the screen but disappears after a while.

Thanks,
Gordonski
gordonski
Send a message
No stop signs, speed limitdownload/file.php?id=44782Nobody's gonna slow me down!

Post by gordonski
fvbommel wrote:There is: "Display map controls on tap" (in the map settings). Disable it to show them all the time.
Aah, now I got it. Thank you, fvbommel!
I didn't know that I have to disable "display controls" to have them displayed...
Maybe this setting should be renamed to something like "Display map controls on tap only" or "Hide map controls when screen is not tapped"?

Gordonski
gordonski
Send a message

Post by Timbones
jago25_98 wrote:- always facing north would be nice. when I zoom in and out I get disorientated as to which way is north. need north arrow too
There's a setting to always show the compass. Tap it to lock North to upwards.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries