If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

New phone / 'lost in stratosphere' message

Post by AngBar77
Hello all,

I moved to a new phone and tried to sign in to my Waze account but couldn't. I didn't register with a name/password - only my phone number. I tried the account using the verification code but each time I did that, I got a 'sorry' message ('lost in stratosphere').

I've now had to start a new account and my phone number is associated with that. How can I get in touch with Waze to reopen my account with my old user name?

Thing is, I had accumulated over a hear and a half of points and use my account religiously every day. :cry:

Thanks!
AngBar77

POSTER_ID:17361837

Send a message

Post by AngBar77
Now that my phone number is associated with a new account, I can't seem to replicate the message. It said something like "Sorry - we had a problem accessing your account. It's lost in the stratosphere." Then it gave an option for me to start a new account. I did start one as I needed to use it this weekend.

To log into this forum I used my NEW user/password. Prior to that, I only had a phone number associated with my account so there wouldn't have been a way to log in.
AngBar77
Send a message

Post by AngBar77
I see there are others who have had the same issue. I copied from another thread: "Sorry! We can´t verify your account. Its lost in the stratosphere." My old username isn't accessible anymore. Guessing there's no place to retrieve it now. Is there any way you know of to remove my NEW user name from my phone # and try again?
AngBar77
Send a message

Post by CBenson
What does the "sorry" message you receive say?

Can you login to the website/forums here with your old username?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
I haven't seen that error message. Sorry, I'm not sure what can be done at this point. https://support.google.com/waze/trouble ... %2C6270877
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902