If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Favorites organized

Post by elic_berry
I really would like to see the ability to organize favorites by directories. Being able to save car location in favorites quickly and ability to edit the favorites. thanks!
elic_berry

POSTER_ID:6157177

Send a message

Post by Daknife
While I agree that it is easy to do. It's not all that intuitive. Especially for anyone who has used any other Nav app or device out there. Every other one I've used (Garmin, TomTom and several apps on iOs and Android) has had a button/option you could click on to "Mark current location as Favorite". So such a selection somewhere in the favorites screen would in deed be nice. The current method is easy but not necessarily intuitive.

I know I looked for how to do it in the Wiki, but somehow missed it. It wasn't until I read someone else's description of how to do it here in the forums that I figured it out. And it's a frequently asked question here in the forums, which supports my position on how intuitive it is. (And even if it is in the wiki how many people really read the freakin manual versus how many who just try and figure it out as they go.)
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by gettingthere
daknife wrote:(And even if it is in the wiki how many people really read the freakin manual versus how many who just try and figure it out as they go.)
This is a problem with development of all technology products. Make them easy enough to use so that not reading the documentation is not going to hinder the use of the product.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by Spil
Editing and organizing favorites are indeed great feature requests, and have been mentioned many times. Saving your current location as a favorite is relatively easy, though ... just long-press on the screen where you are, and when a flag comes up, click the arrow to get a menu that includes the "add favorite" option. :)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png