If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

allow comments on road food signs for food WAY off the road

Post by briantarbox
A pet peeve of mine is seeing a road sign for food, getting off the highway only to find that the food is 5 miles away. It would be great to be able to flag these signs as misleading. Thanks.
briantarbox

POSTER_ID:6581193

Send a message

Post by gettingthere
I agree. This is not an issue with Waze and it's not feasible for this type of issue to be reported. There are already too many 'junk' reports in many metro areas.

Contact your local road department to see if they can update the signs with distances. Otherwise you can take matters into your own hands and tape a garbage bag or similar over the sign (and probably get a ticket or get arrested) ;)
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by mapcat
briantarbox wrote:A pet peeve of mine is seeing a road sign for food, getting off the highway only to find that the food is 5 miles away. It would be great to be able to flag these signs as misleading. Thanks.
Since Waze does not show these signs on the map, allow us to edit these signs, or use these signs in any way to determine your routing, how exactly could Waze fix this issue?

Seems your complaint should be directed at whoever erects these signs. Probably your local highway department, or some advertising agency.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by RallyChris
The next version of waze in the US will fix this issue. You can search for things in categories. :)
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png