If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

First time user, my thoughts so far...

Post by cameraguy
One thing I find missing is toll roads. All GPS offer an option to use them or avoid them. You don't have neither option. Why is that? You need to add that.

You should also offer carpool lanes. I found this while searching though your forum, someone offer very good idea and think you should add it. http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Car_ ... nsit_Lanes

I find it confusing when they say, "0.1 miles". Huh? I made a mistake by turning too soon. If you going to do that, change it to feet. For example, "Make a right turn in 100 feet.".

The color scheme of your maps sucks. Sorry, but it does. I am glad you offer more traditional view of the maps. It needs to stand out more. What you have now, all the colors blend in. That includes all of the color schemes you have now except for one.

What's the deal with all the pop up windows? And most of them are not related to the route I am taking... I think it should only be there if it's in your route.

Other than that, i am happy with what you have so far. I am going to use it more and offer more feedback later.
cameraguy

POSTER_ID:7911543

Send a message

Post by gettingthere
Welcome to Waze!

Toll road avoidance is planned for a future release. Carpool lanes is likely further out into the future.

The pop-ups when stopped (or moving less than 5 mph) are to make you aware of community submitted reports in your area. Accidents, hazards, construction, traffic etc. This is a unique feature to Waze. There are some setting where you can somewhat limit the distance range for the reports.

When Waze started that map was not mature enough to use navigation mode. As the maps are getting better the navigation has become more useful. The design of these pop-ups is a bit out of date since it was really designed like that to be useful when you are not in navigation mode. Waze has stated that they will provide better control and filtering of the reports in the future.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico