If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

More than three suggested routes?

Post by kotatsu
I have a long commute and so have a wide variety of routes available to me. Sadly Waze never suggests my usual route (which is the quickest and least congested), but most days this doesn't matter as traffic isn't a huge issue.

On Friday evenings though, it's traffic apocalypse here in the midlands in the UK and I really need good traffic information to prevent my journey home turning into a 3 hour epic. Waze only offers me three route choices, which to be frank, are all absolutely terrible choices on Friday evening.

It would be great if Waze could offer more than three suggestions, and would dare to offer suggestions which aren't on the incredibly busy (and on Friday, totally gridlocked) motorways. Embrace the smaller roads Waze, they can be much quicker when the major routes are blocked!

Also it would be nice if I could pre-program routes into Waze, and get those thrown into the mix too.
kotatsu

POSTER_ID:6061821

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I believe we recently heard that the alternative routes list may get longer soon, but not sure about that. When it comes to the map version of the alternative routes, having more than 3 really starts to clutter the screen...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ