If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Trip back

Post by shage13
Now as i said before this was a 3000 mile round trip, not big but enough to give it a good test i believe, since it was thru several states, several major big cities in the states etc.

Suggestions
=======================

If we can make a road or route a different color based on when it was last traveled by a wazer of submitting rank. Im not talking the users of waze who report nothing, but some people report everything, i think knowing that the route has been driven in the last 20-45 min by a valid user of good standing can mean smoother traveling.

The other thing voice commands would be a plus, yes, no, hazard, cop, etc since your always reaching across your dash to give thumbs up, then 3 steps to say if a cop is visible at this location then send, etc, might be easier to say cop hidden, or yes on if its still there on the trip.

Cars, objects etc on the road for hazards has to go, you go thru a major city like Atlanta and you have a point person who loves to report everything, reports tire tred that is in the ditch as a hazard on the road, or a broken down car that is been there for a month and is 30 yrds from the road as a hazard. On a single main route in ATL my screen was always lite up with thumbs up etc, every second cause of these tire treds, cars, that i almost missed my turn as i couldnt see the navigation anymore with all these worthless points on the map.

Tracking of thumbs up for users, i like to know at the end of the day how well that point did. For instance if i pointed out a cop, i would like to know at then end of the day how many i saved or showed etc, this means more then the points i think.

I have suggestions and comments written down since i love to give reviews, but my biggest cry baby fit on the trip was a 2 car convoy 1 used maps other which was me used waze, it routed me off the main highway i guess due to traffic, but the towns it routed me thru were speedtraps, towns that were built for 200 people and have 20000 living their now, bumper tobumper etc, upon calling the other car to find out how the traffic was he said their was no problems he was still cruising at 75-80mph on the highway, i was stuff at a redlight for the 3rd time cause the timing on the lights were bad and not all cars could make it thru without the other catching ya.

Ill post more later off to work
shage13

POSTER_ID:8024842

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
shage13 wrote:Thanks man, figured those 2 things are more important then say gas price, their already a app for that :)
Not sure how Waze makes money from flagging this "age" whereas gas prices and coupons does help with that. Not making money = Waze goes bye bye.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Daknife
My one question is are you, retracing your route and the route the other car took in WME to find and fix the problems that forced you off the faster routes? You found that there obviously are problems, now see if you can find them, if you drove within a mile of the problem intersections you can make the fixes, otherwise post a request with the permalink(s) here on the forums.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by mmbe
I like your suggestions about a different color for how long it has been since a wazer has driven on the road and also where you can see how many people your report helped. Good suggestions:)
mmbe
Send a message

Post by shage13
Such a great write up and the responses are overwhelming :)
shage13
Send a message

Post by shage13
Thanks man, figured those 2 things are more important then say gas price, their already a app for that :)
shage13
Send a message

Post by shage13
How do they make their money with the gas thing?
shage13
Send a message

Post by shage13
So im just trying to figure something out, taking your eye off the road even more now seems to be safe because of a few dollars? While say knowing the route is safer to travel because someone in front of you who is a respected waze traveled it is not? More eyes on the road, less reaching over to touch buttons, push gas prices etc, seems like its alot of hands on
shage13
Send a message

Post by shage13
dont take that as a bad thing,ilove the new features, but i think having a safe, reliable app people would pay for it, then clustering it to make money :D
shage13
Send a message

Post by shage13
matter of fact im reading the map tutorial etc, before i start going crazy and editing something i have no idea about
shage13
Send a message