If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Email address change problem

Post by GavinAshford
I have an issue where I created my Waze account a long time ago using a Hotmail email address that I no-longer use. At some point later I must have connected to Waze using the Google auth method as I also have an account that uses my Gmail email address. I was looking to update my original account to my Gmail email address however I get an error saying that the email address is already in use.

To attempt to resolve this I logged in with my account attached to my Gmail email and I went through the process to remove my Waze account on the assumption that this would free-up my Gmail email to be reused. That doesn't seem to be the case as I still cannot update my original account to my Gmail email. I assume something still exists within the Waze 'databases' with my Gmail email. That doesn't seem right to me, I would like to think that deleting my own account would remove all traces.

Has anyone else faced this issue before? Is there any work around or does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do here?
GavinAshford

POSTER_ID:17396397

Send a message

Post by CBenson
I don't know what happens when you delete an account. The only suggestion I have is to see if you can a response from staff by submitting your issue here: https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... ic=6262587
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902