My car graphic - white, EV, Chevy Volt, ...

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: My car graphic - white, EV, Chevy Volt, ...

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:30 pm

The ability to upload or pull in a single custom graphic from the photos on the phone or via upload of some kind would be cool. Maybe in the future... when we have the web-based account "management" stuff where we get to manage favorites online, etc.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 8.4 | Waze v4a
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CornanTheIowan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:08 pm

My Chevy Volt is white. I couldn't find a white car. I couldn't find a Volt. I couldn't find EV or hybrid (might as well show off and encourage others).

How can new cars be requested / created? I'd be happy to give it a go if cars can be submitted for inclusion.

Some Volt logos include the jagged lightning bolt - it should be possible to do the V[lightning] pretty small.

Mmmmmm?

CornanTheIowan

Postby CornanTheIowan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:14 am

Doh!

Thanks for taking time to REPLY - somehow seeing a number of model-specific "my phone only" icons led me to think they could be seen by others.

I don't yet know how much of my profile others can see when pinging, etc., so I can't use that as an excuse... yet.

If the car icon is only visible on my phone, then the highest contrast marker will be fine.
CornanTheIowan

Postby Daknife » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:48 am

Really, that's a concern? Darn I can't find my Dodge Ram on any GPS device I use. As gordonski noted you are the only one who sees the car icon. I'd be just as happy if it showed my Waze icon.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby gordonski » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:45 am

For the lightningstruck V the waze staff should first check whether this is a registered trademark and whether it can be used freely (like free in "free beer").

The color of my my car is amethyst-gray metallic, I couldn't find amethyst-gray metallic either. There's no 2010 A3 Sportback 1.6L TDI, actually non of the car symbols looks like my Audi at all. I have a sticker on my rear window, none of the symbols have stickers on the rear... :roll:

I mean, come on, Should waze really offer a symbol for every car model ever built in all thinkable colors? :| What about a related sound when placing the symbol on the map? (Thinking of Queen's Flash Gordon theme for your Volt ("Flash! Ahaaaaa... Saviour of the universe.")

What they could do is offer an option to include your own GIF oder PNG file as a symbol, but that has already been requested here several times before.

By the way: that symbol can only be seen by you (and other persons sitting in your Volt). Other wazers will only see your mood-icon on their Waze clients, so you cannot encourage them to buy a hybrid this way.

Keep on (electro-)wazing ;) ,
Gordonski
ImageNo stop signs, speed limitImageNobody's gonna slow me down!Image
Country Manager for Germany, Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte
gordonski
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:03 am

I want a blue 1975 Chrysler Cordoba then. It needs to have enough detail to show the Corinthian leather and the 8-track deck.

I'm not drunk...I'm using Tapatalk.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana or Mississippi Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests