If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Suggestion: Bus Info

Post by mazimi
On weekdays I mostly use public transit (AC Transit). I know many cities place GPS on their bus lines so riders can look-up the location of the bus and leave their home/office/etc. at the right time. Unfortunately AC Transit does not have this feature. I know many people have discussed this with AC Transit and they have not been receptive to any suggestions. However, I typically see many riders on the bus that have smartphones iPhone/Android/Blackberry and these phones all have GPS which means the AC Transit buses are going around town with GPS units already in them. Why not utilize this and have a feature where bus riders report the bus line they are on or at the very least the time and location they got on (I know iPhone users can't have apps running in the background). This way riders can check and see where the bus is at the moment.
mazimi

POSTER_ID:103

Send a message

Post by yael elish
This is a cool feature. we'll look into it. if not added by waze, it could be later on added by developers (we plan on opening APIs).
yael elish
Send a message